Apple posts WWDC 2007 keynote video-on-demand

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple has posted its customary video feed for the WWDC 2007 keynote address, allowing those outside the conference to see Leopard's new features for themselves.

"Watch Apple CEO Steve Jobs unveil and demo Leopard features in his World Wide Developer Conference keynote address from San Francisco's Moscone West."

See the video-on-demand (VOD) event right here, exclusively in QuickTime and MPEG-4.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    tundraboytundraboy Posts: 1,885member
    Hey Paul O. got a fancy miniature toilet seat and cover! And the EA guy probably came straight from an all-nighter at the bar.
  • Reply 2 of 30
    g5mang5man Posts: 91member
    Too bad we could not stream it through the AppleTV and watch it on the flat screen.
  • Reply 3 of 30
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    too bad the keynote won't load and there are 500+ people complaining about timeouts on macnn...
  • Reply 4 of 30
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by g5man View Post

Too bad we could not stream it through the AppleTV and watch it on the flat screen.

I second that comment. Are there any apps that will capture a QT stream and save it to a file?

Too bad iTunes won't accept the reference link, sync it to Apple TV and stream it live.

K
  • Reply 5 of 30
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kasper View Post

I second that comment. Are there any apps that will capture a QT stream and save it to a file?

Too bad iTunes won't accept the reference link, sync it to Apple TV and stream it live.

K

I am all ears for that too!
  • Reply 6 of 30
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    People actually want to watch today's disaster!? Wow, love is blind, I suppose.

• Reply 7 of 30
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

I just want to hear SJ say he wants to make the UI consistent. Tell me they are not reading the AI boards.
  • Reply 8 of 30
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

K

Lately they've been putting them on iTunes as podcasts. That's probably the way to go for AppleTV.
  • Reply 9 of 30
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

I just want to hear SJ say he wants to make the UI consistent. Tell me they are not reading the AI boards.

Thousands of Apple folk lurking round here last time we checked logs

But I'm sure the UI mess was apparent to them regardless.

Best,

K
  • Reply 10 of 30
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

K

Recently Apple has been offering it via the iTunes Store for free...
  • Reply 11 of 30
    Watched about half of it 4 hours ago.

Now watching the last half. Looks like they dropped the pixel size and jacked up the compression of the video now available compared to the one I was watching when it was first posted.

Hopefully they will get the larger version back up in a day or two... Not that there is anything really worth watching twice.
  • Reply 12 of 30
    elixirelixir Posts: 782member
    this stuped thing is still choppy for me
  • Reply 13 of 30
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elixir View Post

this stuped thing is still choppy for me

That's your internet bud. It's fine for me.
  • Reply 14 of 30
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

That's your internet bud. It's fine for me.

WTF I am getting audio only!

I know Apple tend to drop the quality to cope with demand - but audio only?
  • Reply 15 of 30
    ijayijay Posts: 57member
    it doesn't work for me... i've been trying since last night...

does anyone have an iTunes podcast link yet?
  • Reply 16 of 30
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

WTF I am getting audio only!

I know Apple tend to drop the quality to cope with demand - but audio only?

Check your quicktime preferences... W/ a settting for low speed connnection, QT will automatically go to lower quality, or even audio-only.
  • Reply 17 of 30
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

Recently Apple has been offering it via the iTunes Store for free...

No kidding. I hope they hurry up and post it.
  • Reply 18 of 30
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Dude, what the hell was on the covered banners??? Have they been uncovered? As far as I can tell there was nothing in the keynote that was covered banner-worthy. Pictures of the new desktop??
  • Reply 19 of 30
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Disaster? Macworld New York 2001 was tedium - complete with a tutorial on the Mhz Myth - and broadcast live on ZD-TV (I don't think it was TechTV then) because everyone was expecting a flat panel iMac.

This is frickin' nirvana.
  • Reply 20 of 30
    carniphagecarniphage Posts: 1,984member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meelash View Post

Check your quicktime preferences... W/ a settting for low speed connnection, QT will automatically go to lower quality, or even audio-only.

It turns out that only one of my Macs was behaving this way.

I had been experimenting with the Perian Betas and had somehow broken H264 playback for streamed quicktime.

C.