Wireless eyeTV idea?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I will be buying my first Man next week (a Macbook) and I am trying to make everything as wireless as I possibly can. I found a USB hub that connects to the computer through a wireless network (http://www.belkin.com/networkusbhub). I question the hub's abality to work with a Mac because it only mentions working with XP and Vista, although it did say it would work with any notebook with LAN or WLAN.

If I were to buy an Airport Extreme to go with this, I assume that I could plug a eyeTV into my hub and use it on my Macbook wirelessly. I woud like to extend my network into a VPN so I can access my HDD remotely.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    No, that's not what I think you want. That converts a ethernet connection to USB. There may be an easier way. Hold on...

Your Network Hub: "Data transfer rates do not support some high-speed/high-bandwidth USB devices such as HD streaming web cams or other video transfer applications." That would mean your EyeTV device.

What might work is THIS which can support high speeds and may work with EyeTV. Though I never used it.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ross.32ross.32 Posts: 20member
    Yes i have seen that before also....the only thing that i did not like about that one is the dongle. The article I read about the network hub lied to me I guess (http://www.everythingusb.com/belkin_...hub_12576.html) It specifically said that it would work with high speed devices. I guess technonlgy has not yet caught up to my ideas
  • Reply 3 of 4
    easyceasyc Posts: 69member
    Quote:

I will be buying my first Man next week...

Seeing how the N is strategically located three key strokes to the left of the C (Im assuming you meant to say mac and not man) I say that this was not a typo but was the actual intented word.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    ross.32ross.32 Posts: 20member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EasyC View Post

Seeing how the N is strategically located three key strokes to the left of the C (Im assuming you meant to say mac and not man) I say that this was not a typo but was the actual intented word.

....that is a very embarrasing typo. Why couldn't I have hit the B or the V or something. It had to be the N\