Safari works well on my WindowsXP x64 notebook

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
After viewing Jobs' Monday keynote I learned Safari now comes compatible with Windows. I use WindowsXP x64 Edition. I downloaded Safari and it installed with no problem. I'm using it right now and I've had no problems.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    works well on Vista Enterprise edition, Home Basic edition.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    It bugs me that are pundits who are claiming that Safari on Windows is super unstable.

Clearly, there is something going on with particular machines that makes this true, but that's not really the same as claiming that the beta is buggy and practically worthless for day-to-day use.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    On my Windows XP machine in the office, anytime I would try to navigate outside my company's firewall, it asked me for an ID/Password. Since I've never had to enter one in Firefox or IE, I entered nothing. When I click OK, Safari crashes and closes. Same if I enter my network ID/PW and click OK.

As another poster noted, the Proxy button is disabled. Finally, I uninstalled it since I couldn't do anything with it.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    donebyleedonebylee Posts: 521member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

It bugs me that are pundits who are claiming that Safari on Windows is super unstable.

Clearly, there is something going on with particular machines that makes this true, but that's not really the same as claiming that the beta is buggy and practically worthless for day-to-day use.

There will always be some individuals who want to bash Apple and it products. I don't listen to them.

That said, I am using Safari on Win XP as I type this. I have been using it since it was released. It is buggy. I would not trust any critical web work to it. It crashes frequently.

But it is beta. Let me say that again: "It is beta."

Anyone who doesn't know what that means shouldn't be using it.

And, yes, I like the way it looks. I like that it works like a Mac on my PC. And I hope that there are more beta builds available before it goes gold master. I plan to keep on using it.

Cheers.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

On my Windows XP machine in the office, anytime I would try to navigate outside my company's firewall, it asked me for an ID/Password. Since I've never had to enter one in Firefox or IE, I entered nothing. When I click OK, Safari crashes and closes. Same if I enter my network ID/PW and click OK.

As another poster noted, the Proxy button is disabled. Finally, I uninstalled it since I couldn't do anything with it.

this is serious issue, really i cannot go outside from my office network, not a good PR imho