OS X Leopard on sale - Amazon

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...413427-7475911

how can they offer sale when it i still in BETA stage?, how did Apple allowed it, kinda of strange

is it a mistake, should it be Tiger?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    It's a preorder. They're not going to ship it to you today.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    my question is, it is NOT available in Apple site, does amazon take away the sales from apple?

estimated ship date August 13th?
  • Reply 3 of 6
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    First of all, I wouldn't hold my breath on that August 13th date.

As for it not being on the Apple site, I guess it is because Apple is not doing pre-sales for Leopard. Why would that be taking sales from Apple?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    At last check Amazon were also offering the iPhone up for pre-order information.

Amazon will never ship Leopard before Apple, that just wouldn't make any sense. August 13th is another "typical Amazon" thing of hammering in a random shipping date. Don't even get me started on the farce surrounding Rainbow Six: Vegas for thw PC, every other day I get a new email with a new "estimated arrival date"... yeah OK!

This is typical Amazon horsepolay. They know they're unlikely to ever sell the iPhone, they just like generating interest in their site, which is kind of a good business strategy, but not if it leads to legal action, hehe
  • Reply 5 of 6
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ActionJaxon View Post

At last check Amazon were also offering the iPhone up for pre-order information.

Amazon will never ship Leopard before Apple, that just wouldn't make any sense. August 13th is another "typical Amazon" thing of hammering in a random shipping date. Don't even get me started on the farce surrounding Rainbow Six: Vegas for thw PC, every other day I get a new email with a new "estimated arrival date"... yeah OK!

This is typical Amazon horsepolay. They know they're unlikely to ever sell the iPhone, they just like generating interest in their site, which is kind of a good business strategy, but not if it leads to legal action, hehe

i ordered one, let me see what happens, cancel the order and go n pick up it up, Apple store few blocks away anyway

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...413427-7475911 family pack also now in third place, when is the next release of Office for Mac?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    crentistcrentist Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

i ordered one, let me see what happens, cancel the order and go n pick up it up, Apple store few blocks away anyway

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers...413427-7475911 family pack also now in third place, when is the next release of Office for Mac?

Next version of Office is supposedly going to be ready for the fall release period.