Quicktime broadcaster

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
can anyone help me with QT broadcasting. i want to broadcast a live stream from anywhere using a URL such as homepage.mac.com/name/live.

i am using QT PRO.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jrollerjroller Posts: 80member
    Don't know if you need to/should use QT... The bandwidth demands would be pretty hefty. Ustream and Stickam would be options worth looking into. You can embed their feeds on your site.

Stickam

UStream
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jroller View Post

Don't know if you need to/should use QT... The bandwidth demands would be pretty hefty. Ustream and Stickam would be options worth looking into. You can embed their feeds on your site.

Stickam

UStream

thank you i will try that
  • Reply 3 of 4
    yeah, it's hard to figure out how to do on your own. two weekends ago i webcast my wedding for my wife's relatives and friends who were overseas. i ended up doing a one-time fee with thestreamguys and just quicktime broadcast into their servers. it worked very well, especially considering i was using my phone's ev-do access to do the upstream. i found quicktime broadcaster to be a bit flaky though. i don't think it's been updated in a while.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by admactanium View Post

yeah, it's hard to figure out how to do on your own. two weekends ago i webcast my wedding for my wife's relatives and friends who were overseas. i ended up doing a one-time fee with thestreamguys and just quicktime broadcast into their servers. it worked very well, especially considering i was using my phone's ev-do access to do the upstream. i found quicktime broadcaster to be a bit flaky though. i don't think it's been updated in a while.

i did call apple, an i have to say for the first time they were no help. but i was led to a sight called ustream.tv and that works well heres the link and it's free. http://ustream.tv/