How do you animate this?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE857...t%2D2007%2F&v3

Fist, I love the ad hehe, but my question is: how / what software do you use to animate something like this? I mean, it clearly involves lots of drawing, but how do you "put it together" so to speak?

Just curious. Thanks!

Stedwick

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Probably a few options...

Low end graphic animation- Flash, but the reason I don't think they used flash is because of the 3Dness of it- it's hard to use Flash for 3D stuff

Middle of the road- Motion 3, it now supports 3D and would be relatively easy to pull something like this off in the new version

High End- Shake, Maya, Cinema 4D, or any other high 3D animation software.

My guess is Motion 3...

Video of how Motion 3 works
  • Reply 2 of 5
    dazabritdazabrit Posts: 273member
    Adobe After Effects is also another big player. A lot of motion graphics work is created in Photoshop and animated in After Effects.

Creative Cow.net have a huge library of tutorials to help you out and you can download Trial/Beta software from adobe.com
  • Reply 3 of 5
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Yup- forgot about that one... it's been neglected on the mac for the last few revisions, but Adobe recent announced a new version so that should be exciting...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Most likely After Effects with some Photoshop and/or illustrator.

I would have liked to see something more than all that text.

I'm surprised they didn't have all that text and then spend a little bit more time to make some simple drawings or animations of the people that were originally in the ad.

Still well done nonetheless.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    dazabritdazabrit Posts: 273member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tacojohn View Post

Yup- forgot about that one... it's been neglected on the mac for the last few revisions, but Adobe recent announced a new version so that should be exciting...

Agreed I think After Effects 7.0 looks very very good. The puppet tool is amazing. It's a feature I would expect to see in Motion first, it's very Apple-esque.