Is there any way to open multiple links on a page at once?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
For instance, say there are a number of new posts in a number of threads within a sub-forum on a site such as this, and I'd like to open them all at once in tabs.

Any way to select multiple links and do that?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    teedoff087teedoff087 Posts: 348member
    Depends on what browser you're using. I know there's a Firefox extension that does this.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Sometimes I'll just command-click one after the other and they open on tabs. Is that what you want?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Not so much, because then I have to keep reselecting the first tab, as each new page loads, to get back to the links.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    crentistcrentist Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Not so much, because then I have to keep reselecting the first tab, as each new page loads, to get back to the links.

Safari has a preference to open new tabs behind the one you are looking at. Then you can tab away opening behind your current page all the links of interest from the first page, then proceed to read the other pages and you're done.

Good ol' Apple.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crentist View Post

Safari has a preference to open new tabs behind the one you are looking at. Then you can tab away opening behind your current page all the links of interest from the first page, then proceed to read the other pages and you're done.

Good ol' Apple.

Aha! So I just have to uncheck "select tabs and windows as they are created" and I'm good to go! That would have never occurred to me.

Thanks!
  • Reply 6 of 7
    crentistcrentist Posts: 204member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Aha! So I just have to uncheck "select tabs and windows as they are created" and I'm good to go! That would have never occurred to me.

Thanks!

No problem. I use this feature all the time, so I understand what a pain it would be to live without it. Happy surfing, friend.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    endymionendymion Posts: 375member
    Instead of changing your preferences, just Shift-Command-Click your links to open in a new tab but not selected. This way you can continue to Command-Click tabs when you do want to select them.