Significant shipping delays growing for iMacs with customized HD options

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
A few weeks ago, configuring an iMac with a 500GB HD resulted in a shipping delay of 3-5 days on the US Apple store. Now that delay is 7-10 days, and 750 GB HDs suddenly result in a delay of 2-3 weeks. Could this be a sign that those parts are going into new iMacs?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by psychodoughboy View Post

A few weeks ago, configuring an iMac with a 500GB HD resulted in a shipping delay of 3-5 days on the US Apple store. Now that delay is 7-10 days, and 750 GB HDs suddenly result in a delay of 2-3 weeks. Could this be a sign that those parts are going into new iMacs?

The time delay is the same on the Canada store as well, although I don't know what the shipping times generally are for that upgrade. I wonder if we will get a silent update the week before the big iphone release?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jwdawsojwdawso Posts: 389member
    Since the iMac didn't show up at WWDC, it might just be a Santa Rosa update like the MBP. That will be nice, but definitely not "innovative".
  • Reply 3 of 4
    santa rosa update would be enough to make me buy (gonna go for either maxed out imac or stripped down mac pro, whichever is updated first)

delay in the UK store is 7-10 business days on the 24 inch imac for both 500GB and 750GB, but only 3 days when you select 500GB for the 20 inch model.

would love a redesign, but at this moment in time id defo say will just be an incremental santa rosa update
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    i'm happy to pass on the first generation of a major redesign, so if a santa rosa update comes this week i'll be happy as pie!

i'm wondering about doing a user HD upgrade, myself

just checked the apple japan store and upgrading the HD for an imac increases the delivery time to 2-3 weeks, whereas for a macbook pro it's 3-5 days