Newsreaders (Former Windows User, Bad Me!)

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Ok, it took me awhile but i have seen the light and switch from Windows to the MAC.

I have downloaded a few newsreaders fron Version Tracker, Mt. Newswatcher, Thoth, Newshunter etc. and I am just wondering what all you verteran useres are using. So far i am leaning toward Newshunter it seems to be the easiest to use and is faster than most of the others I have tried. My usenet activities are primarily to download pictures, MP3 files, movies.

Thanx.

By the way I should of gone to the Mac years ago I probably would not have any grey hairs now!

[ 05-17-2002: Message edited by: HappyToBeHere ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    evoevo Posts: 198member
    I've been using the Cocoa Newsreader, Halime. You can find it off versiontracker. The user interface can't be beat, but there are a few bugs and it crashes every once in a while. Fortunately, it's still a new product and there are frequent updates for it.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by eVo:

<strong>I've been using the Cocoa Newsreader, Halime. You can find it off versiontracker. The user interface can't be beat, but there are a few bugs and it crashes every once in a while. Fortunately, it's still a new product and there are frequent updates for it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ok I'll give it a try, so far have not had any crashes with Newshunter and it has a nice interafce as well. Thanks
  • Reply 3 of 6
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    i use mt newswatcher
  • Reply 4 of 6
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    I use Thoth.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    dhunterdhunter Posts: 34member
    I use MT Newswatcher as well, very easy to use.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    philrobinphilrobin Posts: 62member
    If you have M$ Entourage, it is a newreader as well.

P.