iPhone - Now with improved battery life and better screen

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/06/18iphone.html

Sweet.

Now the battery life looks to be truly in line with expectations I would think.

The improved screen sounds nice as well.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    So 11 days before it's going to be released (supposedly they'll have some four million units ready on launch day) they announce that it's improved? It makes me wonder when they decided to implement these improvements. Have they been manufacturing them already with the improvements, or have they not begun manufacturing them yet?

The fact that the design of the unit (ie using glass instead of plastic) hadn't been finalized until just a couple weeks before the launch kind of scares me. I foresee this as translating into even more shortages on launch day
  • Reply 2 of 4
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Baron von Smiley View Post

So 11 days before it's going to be released (supposedly they'll have some four million units ready on launch day) they announce that it's improved? It makes me wonder when they decided to implement these improvements. Have they been manufacturing them already with the improvements, or have they not begun manufacturing them yet?

The fact that the design of the unit (ie using glass instead of plastic) hadn't been finalized until just a couple weeks before the launch kind of scares me. I foresee this as translating into even more shortages on launch day

Well, I have heard 3 million but thats not from either Apple or at&t.

I certainly see no more than a million and thats probably high.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    They would already be producing these updated units; can't announce it and then deliver something else. The timing is all just in line with product teasing to get even more people interested.

Glass screen sounds nice.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    I read somewhere that even if they sell just 1 million units, at this price point that would be considered a major hit. The same analyst, however, expected many more than 1 mill units to move.