how to remove the audio from video file?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I downloaded some interesting videos, and want to redub in them using video edit software and send them to my friends. I tried Windows Movie Maker, it can mute the audio of source video, and add new audio. But I really want to remove the audio from source video completely, rather than mute.

Who can kindly recommend me some software? Many thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    load the movie into imovie then click extract audio. Then remove the video secction of the movie and export it.

There is probably a much easier way.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    lilylylilyly Posts: 8member
    Video Converter for Mac works. After importing video files, u will find Disable Audio option in the right setting area, then just check True, then the audio will be removed from the video file. moreover, it supports almost all video file formats
  • Reply 3 of 7
    cloud167cloud167 Posts: 20member
    easy work, if you only want to remove the audio, you can use this tool
  • Reply 4 of 7
    malisemalise Posts: 5member
    i remembered that iMovie just supports certain formats, yes? i need a software that supports most video file formats
  • Reply 5 of 7
    stuartfstuartf Posts: 64member
    You can delete the audio track in Quicktime (this may be a pro option only)

Open the movie. From the "Window" menu select "Show Movie Properties".

This displays the Video and Audio tracks which can be extracted or deleted

If you cannot see a separate Audio track then you may need to use a tool such as the free MPEG Streamclip to demux the audio track first

Regards,

Stuart
  • Reply 6 of 7
    thanks stuartf, i have solved my problem
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilyly View Post

Video Converter for Mac works. After importing video files, u will find Disable Audio option in the right setting area, then just check True, then the audio will be removed from the video file. moreover, it supports almost all video file formats

thanks lilyly, i tried your software, it can only convert 5 minutes in trial version, but the result is rather satisfying