Over one third of iPhone inquirers not AT&T subscribers

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cpt K View Post

Called T Mobile about my contract status and when asked why I was interested in canceling I said, "something to do with June 29th." The rep laughed and said that he was told to tell folks like myself calling to look into canceling that the iPhone WILL in fact take any GSM sim card from any carrier, save on the visual voice-mail, you will be able to use the phone.

And yes I did press the question about where he (the rep) was recieiving his information from. Was not able to comment further.

So if your in contract with T-Mobile 611 them and try and get more info.

Sounds promising though.

Don't think so. The iPhone's not unlocked. I'd wait for hard evidence on that.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Don't you mean "Ginger"?

believe he's referring to It.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    kavikkavik Posts: 37member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by willgonz View Post

The sad thing is....a lot of these folks don't even care about the iPhone. They are just going to buy the phone and sell it on ebay.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Whatever. A sale is a sale.

Requiring a 24-month contract will stop eBay reselling of the iPhone before it starts, particularly if the plans are expensive or if a special AT&T plan is required to make it work anyway. A few will make it onto eBay but I'm sure they'll be very expensive goods.
  • Reply 44 of 47
    artyomdartyomd Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meelash View Post

Is there any precedence for phones being locked so that they will only accept SIM cards from a certain provider?

That's my question too!!!

Well, to put it simply - it is not fair. I mean I would offer a choice - either to purchase Iphone with AT & T package and at this case part of its price will go to AT & T pocket or just Iphone. I believe both choices are beneficial for Apple and AT & T.

I'm from Ukraine and I have plans to buy Iphone in July when I'll be in Toronto at the Eaton store but now...hmm....what I'm gonna do with AT & T number here?:-))) I mean I'll fly 10 hrs. on a plain to pay $600 and they won't be able to sell Iphone with no pre-installed AT & T?!

I've been waiting for its release since Steve Jobs announced its coming release back in January and now....I guess you understand what I feel...
  • Reply 45 of 47
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArtyomD View Post

I'm from Ukraine and I have plans to buy Iphone in July when I'll be in Toronto ..

Uh-oh. I've got bad news for you: The iPhone is not going to be sold in Canada either, yet.
  • Reply 46 of 47
    i live in northern NH, and i would love an iPhone. but we dont get at&t.. thats really annoying & bad for business.
  • Reply 47 of 47
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ruthie View Post

i live in northern NH, and i would love an iPhone. but we dont get at&t.. thats really annoying & bad for business.

Way to wake a 2 year old thread.