AT&T stores to close, re-open ahead of iPhone

Comments

• Reply 21 of 42
    mrjoec123mrjoec123 Posts: 223member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kfugere View Post

I thought the bluetooth headset was going to be included with iphone as well...I am pretty sure Jobs specified this in his keynote. Does anyone know anything?

I watched the keynote more than once. He said something to the effect that "here are some accessories we'll be shipping." And then he mentioned the wired earbuds and the bluetooth. Accessories sounds like something extra, not something that ships in the box. But I can't see them not shipping the wired headphones with the microphone.

The bluetooth headset will almost certainly NOT be included.
  • Reply 22 of 42
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

it would make the prices a bit less painful.

the only free-bee add-in that would lessen the pain of a $500 handset is an hour with a hooker...or maybe $250 off a macbook
  • Reply 23 of 42
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Wired headphone with mic, can cost as little as $20. But, the cheapest wireless versions I've seen start well upwards of $50, and that's for the cheap ones. The better models are upwards of $125.

So, I can see the wired version being free, but not the wireless model.

Where do you shop?

$44 Jabra good

$20 jabra works for me

$40 Motorolagets the job done

What exactly does a high end headset have that a cheap one lacks? nothing in my tests...if you have connectivity problems, it will be with the crappy cingular/att network long before it is from "inferior" bluetooth
  • Reply 24 of 42
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer View Post

the only free-bee add-in that would lessen the pain of a $500 handset is an hour with a hooker...or maybe $250 off a macbook

even if they included an iTunes gift card... 50 bucks to put a movie or two, couple of tv shows and some songs on your phone?
  • Reply 25 of 42
    mchumanmchuman Posts: 154member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Porchland View Post

I suspect the two-hour closing is to allow AT&T employees ample time to roll around naked in a sea of iPhones.

Umm..will those ones be discounted then?
  • Reply 26 of 42
    crhain88crhain88 Posts: 65member
    Huh?

I wonder if this is nixing my camp outside the store idea?
  • Reply 27 of 42
    dgnr8dgnr8 Posts: 196member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

This is why Steve invented Spaces. For just such a possibility.

Steve didn't invent spaces, he just allowed multiple desktops onto OSX which has been there for years with ever other *nix OS out there.

This my sole reason for upgrading to Leopard and I say it is about freaking time, why did it take so long.

BTW the iPhone will ship with earbuds.

There is no way Mr. Jobs is going to ship an iPod without earbuds.

The earbuds in the photo with probably be the ones shipping with the iPhone and the Bluetooth headset will be available for additional cost.
  • Reply 28 of 42
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Matthew Yohe View Post

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Anyone else notice how manufactured that image is? You see one cable leading up to one earbud, and then the other one is just kindof hanging out there.

It looks like the angle and position of the other bud on the left can reasonably obscure the other cord. What it can't obscure is the fact that the ear buds aren't plugged in.
  • Reply 29 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CRHain88 View Post

Huh?

I wonder if this is nixing my camp outside the store idea?

If you mean camping outside before the store opens in the AM, then yes.
  • Reply 30 of 42
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    Please if I have to stand in line with a guy who smells like BO from baking in the sun all day....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Matthew Yohe View Post

If you mean camping outside before the store opens in the AM, then yes.

• Reply 31 of 42
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DGNR8 View Post

Steve didn't invent spaces, he just allowed multiple desktops onto OSX which has been there for years with ever other *nix OS out there.

This my sole reason for upgrading to Leopard and I say it is about freaking time, why did it take so long.

There are third party utilities that give Tiger virtual desktop capabilities. Have you tried them?

Quote:

BTW the iPhone will ship with earbuds.

There is no way Mr. Jobs is going to ship an iPod without earbuds.

Normally, I'd say that it would be one more thing to strip out of the package, but because of how iconic it is, I would agree.
  • Reply 32 of 42
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    I wonder if the online Apple Store will go down "for updates" that Friday at like 5:00?
  • Reply 33 of 42
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Once again, these comments seem to go off target unless accompanied by an emoticon... It was a joke.
  • Reply 34 of 42
    Quote:

Once again, these comments seem to go off target unless accompanied by an emoticon... It was a joke.

Yeah Ummm OK

I am going to know you are joking because...

How do I know you know about multiple desktops?

I see a comment that looks to be un-informed (No sign of joking in it) and try to add to the discussion by pointing out facts.
  • Reply 35 of 42
    doxxicdoxxic Posts: 100member
    "it's a little unusual to receive accessories for a handset 2 weeks before launch"

You bet!
  • Reply 36 of 42
    Quote:

Yeah Ummm OK

I am going to know you are joking because...

How do I know you know about multiple desktops?

I see a comment that looks to be un-informed (No sign of joking in it) and try to add to the discussion by pointing out facts.

Maybe because it was all part of the thread-within-a-thread about the spatial/temporal thing... Try to keep up, here. Sheesh. By the way, this is a joke.
  • Reply 37 of 42
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    Quote:

100% true. sarcasm [all humor even] is lost here w/o 739 bytes of animated gif.
  • Reply 38 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kemcqueen View Post

Maybe because it was all part of the thread-within-a-thread about the spatial/temporal thing... Try to keep up, here. Sheesh. By the way, this is a joke.

I made an observation and made a comment on it that was not rude or even condescending but rather was based on facts, and then I get responded to like I am a child.

I responded to a comment towards mine proposing that basically I am an idiot for not reading their mind and ONLY READING WHAT THEY WROTE.

Then you decide to jump in with your far superior intellect by be being condescending to me also.

Say whatever you great intellectual minds can conjure up to berate me, I am done with you children.
  • Reply 39 of 42
    Quote:

I made an observation and made a comment on it that was not rude or even condescending but rather was based on facts, and then I get responded to like I am a child.

I responded to a comment towards mine proposing that basically I am an idiot for not reading their mind and ONLY READING WHAT THEY WROTE.

Then you decide to jump in with your far superior intellect by be being condescending to me also.

Say whatever you great intellectual minds can conjure up to berate me, I am done with you children.

The art of forum humor... Not for everyone, I never saw a personal attack.

*sheesh* Hopefully this is a temporal, err that is temporary, issue as this thread was quite funny.
  • Reply 40 of 42
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by EruIthildur View Post

Hopefully this is a temporal, err that is temporary, issue as this thread was quite funny.

Yes, e-spatially funny!