Apps You Wish Were on iPhone

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Whether built in native apps or web-based apps, what kind of apps would you like to see on the iPhone?

-Cha-Ching

-Delicious Library

-Midnight Inbox

-Hijack (MDA)

-Final Cut Studio 2

Comments

• Reply 1 of 44
    A web-based Photoshop.
  • Reply 2 of 44
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Go Banana View Post

Whether built in native apps or web-based apps, what kind of apps would you like to see on the iPhone?

-Cha-Ching

-Delicious Library

-Midnight Inbox

-Hijack (MDA)

-Final Cut Studio 2

Why the hell would you need Delicious Library? That would just be a frivolous waste of space to be on a cell phone.

Why would you want a program like Midnight Inbox to micromanage your life. Putting it on your cell phone just makes you waste more time micromanaging your life.

Cha-Ching. I can see how a program like this would be useful for a cell phone. Good for keeping track of expenses on the go. But your not going to actually be paying bills or checking credit cards and stuff like that on the go. It would have to be limited to tracking expenses.

I don't know what Hijack is...

And you obviously jest with your last suggestion.
  • Reply 3 of 44
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    - some nice board games and card games

- a keynote player (along with an adaptor of some kind to plug into a projector)
  • Reply 4 of 44
    Mars Edit or Ecto & Write Room (though I'd need an external keyboard)

NewsFire or NetNewsWire

I actually agree on the Delicious Library front—if the iPhone camera can process barcodes

QR code reader

Location Services of various kinds (GPS would improve quality, but it could be done now)

Over-The-Air syncing/downloads: You could download the podcasts you're missing, link with your home computer to change the playlists you have loaded, buy stuff from iTunes, and the like—you should be able to use the .Mac/Leopard Back To My Mac feature for home computer access, and the rest is trivial.

Growl: As the iPhone seems to dedicate the whole screen to whatever you're doing this would let you keep up to date on what else is going on in your iPhone (alternatively a multiview/overlist screen you can jump to to show you everything)

iChat: I wouldn't use it much, but lots of people would.

Multiformat video player

SubEthaEdit

Twitterific

Voodoo Pad

Dictionary/Thesaurus

---

I'll note that some of these could be done as web apps, but that they wouldn't be as good—I certainly wouldn't trust my writing to some random server. Nor would being stuck without connection and desperately needing that one lousy word in the dictionary be fine.
  • Reply 5 of 44
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    1. Microsoft Office (or iWork with Office document support or google's office stuff)

2. iChat

3. Flickr App

4. Ability to upload videos from the camera to youtube and photos to Flickr (not via emails).

5. Nintendo Games
  • Reply 6 of 44
    tacojohntacojohn Posts: 980member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tacojohn View Post

1. Microsoft Office (or iWork with Office document support or google's office stuff)

2. iChat

3. Flickr App

4. Ability to upload videos from the camera to youtube and photos to Flickr (not via emails).

5. Nintendo Games

Maybe also a way to display live info on the locked screen (new emails, weather info, stocks, etc). A Dictionary would be useful too. A wikipedia app?
  • Reply 7 of 44
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by icfireball View Post

Why the hell would you need Delicious Library? That would just be a frivolous waste of space to be on a cell phone.

I take it you are **NOT** a big collector of DVDs then...

I've got a HUGE collection of dvds (movies and tv).... Hell I couldn't even tell you how many we have, I've lost count years ago...

Anyway while shopping at BJs / Costco / Wall-mart / etc we are ALWAYS asking each other 'what season of ______ are we up to' or 'do we have *this* dvd' and we usually can't remember or WORSE we guess wrong and buy a 2nd copy of something we already own... Great now we gotta think of someone who might enjoy that DVD as a gift since we are both so damn bad a returning things. The freakin DVDs will sit in the foyer for a month (waiting to be returned) only to eventually get put into the 'future presents' pile.

It's really bad because we are both famous for 'spontaneous shopping' you know when you go in for paper towels and tissues and come out with a pile of DVDs & paper towels (yea we usually forget the tissues).

Anyway... Having Delicious Library on the iPhone would be huge benefit for any DVD / Book / etc collector who tends to shop for things 'on a whim'.

Dave
  • Reply 8 of 44
    n3on3o Posts: 56member
    Boot Camp.

• Reply 9 of 44
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 10 of 44
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    [CENTER]OPENGL[/CENTER]

[CENTER]and of course

DARK FORCES

[/CENTER]
  • Reply 11 of 44
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    iQuit
  • Reply 12 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Electric Monk View Post

Dictionary/Thesaurus

http://www.dictionary.com is fine for this.

I'd like to see a way to save some of your favorite Safari bookmarks directly to the main page. I'd save my Disney Echo website that way! I guess, perhaps, Safari would allow me to set my own choice of a home page, and if that's so then when I started up Safari on iPhone it would bring me to that website directly.

A web-based Photoshop? No, I'd like to run the real program directly on iPhone!

• Reply 13 of 44
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DisneyEcho View Post

No, why doesn't Apple put the dashboard icon on the home screen and put or give the option of putting all widgets inside that space, so to speak.
  • Reply 14 of 44
    -df-df Posts: 136member
    Um... Preview.

I just want to be able to view PDF email attachments.
  • Reply 15 of 44
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I want to be able to sync calenders with my works Novell Group(un)Wise.
  • Reply 16 of 44
    Minesweeper anyone?
  • Reply 17 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DisneyEcho View Post

A web-based Photoshop? No, I'd like to run the real program directly on iPhone!

Maybe you could use http://www.dictionary.com and look up the word "sarcasm."
  • Reply 18 of 44
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Go Banana View Post

Minesweeper anyone?

I always had a soft spot for lunar lander myself.
  • Reply 19 of 44
    atlasatlas Posts: 90member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by -dF View Post

Um... Preview.

Agreed.

Also I would want some sort of photo editor. Not Photoshop or anything in depth, something like a glorified "MS Paint".
  • Reply 20 of 44
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by -dF View Post

Um... Preview.

That's a given. PDF viewing is included.