Resolution Independence on spaces?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
If Leopard really have the so called "resolution independence" feature maybe it will be possible to have each space in Spaces with his own resolution. Like one high resolution for graphics, other low for word processor work... Is it possible or resolution independence is not for this kind of use?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    I though that RI was when it could display a number of differnt things in differnt resolutions at the correct scale on a screen.

Im probably wrong.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrpiddly View Post

I though that RI was when it could display a number of differnt things in differnt resolutions at the correct scale on a screen.

Im probably wrong.

That sounds about right as it was explained to me:

RI allows you to scale the UI to match your monitors PPI (pixels per inch) for instance, you just bought that spiffy new 30" LCD that looks great displaying photos but now you can't read anything because the text is tiny and the icons have shrunk to gnat proportions.

With RI you could just scale up the entire UI so that your icons and text are at a readible size. Sounds like common sense but with computer UI everything is mapped out to pixels and changing things comes with a lot of backend work.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=75422