Official Next iPhone Thread

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Okay all you whiney bastards, you wannna complain about the iPhone before it even hits the street? Well now's your chance to get your wish list/ speculation going for the next batch of features that will make it into iPhone 2.0. I'm not talking crazy, loony features either here. No water-squirt ring tones, voice-activated talking, or optional chinstrap people, let's keep it somewhat reasonable for those of us who don't actually believe we're Apple's top mechanical engineer.



To start it off right, here's my wish list/ and actual speculation of features that stand a good chance of making future iPhone models.



iPhone 2.0

- 3G

- 802.11n WiFi

- 3 Megapixel camera w/video

- REAL 3rd party SDK

- Flash support (if it doesn't already have it)

- Bluetooth Stereo Headphone support

- iChat

- Extended battery life

- 8GB-$399 16GB-$499






future iPhone

- WiMAX

- iWork

- iChat Video w/other iPhone & Mac users

- iSight eye sensing display

- Download directly from iTunes

- Stream to AppleTV




That's what I got so far, let's see what you can do...

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 15
    atxz06atxz06 Posts: 11member
    Full Exchange integration

    Edit Office documents



    Basically make it a smartphone.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    boukmanboukman Posts: 93member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Go Banana View Post


    - 3 Megapixel camera w/video



    I would add 5+ Megapixel camera with liquid lens/zoom and an actual flash, as well as being video capable, this way it could replace cheap digital cameras...
  • Reply 3 of 15
    I have to be dull, and hope for voip/SIP implementation. iChat is nice, but using open standards is even better.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    The first iPhone isn't even out yet and your already talking about the next iPhone. Cool your jets! The next iPhone update will be nothing more than increased capacity, a new app or two, and *possibly* 3G. I'd expect a capacity update sooner than 3G. And keep in mind, any new app released for the iPhone will be available for older iPhones, says Apple.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    buddhabuddha Posts: 386member
    im hoping for a slight GPU update allowing dual 8800 gtx's.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    johnsocaljohnsocal Posts: 193member
    According to my local ATT store there will be a new iphone this December that will run on 3G and have a slot to increase it's memory.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnsocal View Post


    According to my local ATT store there will be a new iphone this December that will run on 3G and have a slot to increase it's memory.



    Haha.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    1. It should be an open, but regulated, platform



    2. 3g



    3. openGL



    4. More memory, think current prices but doubble the memory on each



    5. 2 cameras, the one in the back should be 3mp while the one in the front should be 1.3mp and i should be usable as a video chat system



    6. Removable battery



    7. Comes in brown.



    8. Flash and java, the full versions of both



    9. Sideways keyboard



    10. OLED screen, or at least a slightly higher quality one than it has now.



    11. Support for old version of mac os, just a wish.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,422member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Go Banana View Post


    Okay all you whiney bastards, you wannna complain about the iPhone before it even hits the street? Well now's your chance to get your wish list/ speculation going for the next batch of features that will make it into iPhone 2.0. I'm not talking crazy, loony features either here. No water-squirt ring tones, voice-activated talking, or optional chinstrap people, let's keep it somewhat reasonable for those of us who don't actually believe we're Apple's top mechanical engineer.



    To start it off right, here's my wish list/ and actual speculation of features that stand a good chance of making future iPhone models.



    iPhone 2.0

    - 3G

    - 802.11n WiFi

    - 3 Megapixel camera w/video

    - REAL 3rd party SDK

    - Flash support (if it doesn't already have it)

    - Bluetooth Stereo Headphone support

    - iChat

    - Extended battery life

    - 8GB-$399 16GB-$499






    future iPhone

    - WiMAX

    - iWork

    - iChat Video w/other iPhone & Mac users

    - iSight eye sensing display

    - Download directly from iTunes

    - Stream to AppleTV




    That's what I got so far, let's see what you can do...



    YO BABY MINE MINE MINE

    that's why i'm not jumping to you all work out the bugs and the holiday season brings out more capability. i could skip the 3mp camera and stay with 2 ..... hey this thing;s got to last 3-4 years at that price. i can't afford replacements every year or two.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    johnsocaljohnsocal Posts: 193member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post


    Haha.



    Call the AT&T store in Seal Beach California (on Los Alamitos Blvd) if you like to confirm what I said.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    irelandireland Posts: 17,547member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnsocal View Post


    Call the AT&T store in Seal Beach California (on Los Alamitos Blvd) if you like to confirm what I said.



    Why do you lie?
  • Reply 12 of 15
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnsocal View Post


    Call the AT&T store in Seal Beach California (on Los Alamitos Blvd) if you like to confirm what I said.



    I don't doubt that someone could have told you that, but I am 100% sure that they don't know what they're talking about.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    irelandireland Posts: 17,547member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by atxz06 View Post


    Full Exchange integration

    Edit Office documents



    Basically make it a smartphone.



    Ha ha, now that's a good one.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    johnsocaljohnsocal Posts: 193member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post


    Why do you lie?



    Did you call the store I mentioned and ask about the new iphone December waiting list or do you just like to call a person a liar????



    That is what the girl working at the Seal Beach ATT store told me. While she could be wrong, she did put me on a new December waiting list for the newer version (that's her words, not mine) that will work on their 3G network and it's rumored to be able to expand it's memory.



    For whatever its worth Im not making this up. Since Im on their December waiting list and I'm in no rush to get an iphone, I'm willing to wait and see what happens.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    thttht Posts: 3,099member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrpiddly View Post


    1. It should be an open, but regulated, platform

    2. 3g

    3. openGL

    4. More memory, think current prices but doubble the memory on each

    5. 2 cameras, the one in the back should be 3mp while the one in the front should be 1.3mp and i should be usable as a video chat system

    6. Removable battery

    7. Comes in brown.

    8. Flash and java, the full versions of both

    9. Sideways keyboard

    10. OLED screen, or at least a slightly higher quality one than it has now.

    11. Support for old version of mac os, just a wish.



    1. Dashboard Widgets is probably the most open Apple will get

    2. Yes. 1+ Mbit/s HSDPA blah blah.

    3. Only if Apple wants to compete with a PSP, so I think it is a no.

    4. Yup. 16 GB for sure. 32 GB maybe.

    5. If they move to 3G, then an "iSight" might be something they want to do.

    6. Never

    7. Heh. I see white as a possibility though

    8. They will never support Java. Flash is a 50/50

    9. Perhaps. Perhaps even before a 2nd version even come out

    10. LED screen I agree



    16 GB and 3G are probably the only significant additions to the second rev.
Sign In or Register to comment.