UK : anybody brought a new macbook pro?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
was just wondering anybody ont his forum from the uk brought a new macbook pro? has it been delivered yet?

i ordered mine just before the update, i was told that there was an update coming and that i would get the new version. so i waited a month no problem. now once the macbook has been updated, i am still waiting for my macbook everytime i call customer service i am told that it is in transit and that delays are due to huge demand!!! am i the only one experincing this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    easyceasyc Posts: 69member
    Im just saying what everyone else is thinking. Brought?!?!? You mean bought .
  • Reply 2 of 8
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    None of the retailers I've approached have had any stock ? anywhere in the country.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    In Canada the supplies are also a little limited. I ordered a new MBP on June 5th and according to Apple it isn't due to ship until June 26th. It kind of sounds like there is a slight supply problem, driven no doubt by a very high demand.

Sopranino
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Messiah View Post

None of the retailers I've approached have had any stock ? anywhere in the country.

A colleague of mine got one a week back. Not sure from where exactly. It was brought in for him by our boss, who also had a 23" ACD with him. All very dubious. Perhaps he got 'em off a bloke down the pub who knows someone whose brother's wife's ex-boyfriend once touched Steve Job's black poloneck.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    us brits say brought dont u know? lol. rrealised the mistake after posting and dont know how to change it!!

thanks for the replies. glad im not the only one, just have to wait now i suppose!! DAMN!!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by emran129 View Post

us brits say brought dont u know? lol. rrealised the mistake after posting and dont know how to change it!!

thanks for the replies. glad im not the only one, just have to wait now i suppose!! DAMN!!

bought = when you buy something

brought = when you bring something

bort = chav's text message version of both

borked = Apple's MBP supply chain
  • Reply 7 of 8
    skierskier Posts: 16member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by martianrobot View Post

bought = when you buy something

brought = when you bring something

bort = chav's text message version of both

borked = Apple's MBP supply chain

Hi, I have got one and had it now for just over a week. All is working well.

Got mine from John Lewis together with a 2 year warranty rather than the standard Apple 1 year.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    ssssss Posts: 30member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by emran129 View Post

was just wondering anybody ont his forum from the uk brought a new macbook pro? has it been delivered yet?

i ordered mine just before the update, i was told that there was an update coming and that i would get the new version. so i waited a month no problem. now once the macbook has been updated, i am still waiting for my macbook everytime i call customer service i am told that it is in transit and that delays are due to huge demand!!! am i the only one experincing this?

Which MBP did you order mate? The 15" or 17"?

I ordered a 17" on the 12th of June I think it was, just before the update, then I got informed the update was no official, and they asked would I like to reconfigure.....so I said yes and sent in my new order, arrived about 10 days later. No aloud it till my bday on friday tho