iPhone Event 6/29 will make us forget 9/11

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Before starting the flaming, this is for those that thread-jacked the iPhone thread. I am resolute that with the iPhone threads going insane, all thread-jacked iPhone threads will spawn a new proper thread of its own in AppleOutsider.

This is a spawned thread from the thread-jacked http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?p=1101736

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Lookit:

I remember where I was when I found out about the Challenger explosion: Elementary school

I remember where I was when I found out about the Oklahoma City bombing: High school

I remember where I was when I found out about Columbine: My job in college.

I remember where I was when I found out about 9/11: At home before going to class.

I might remember the day the iPhone was released. Maybe.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
  • Reply 4 of 9
    @_@ artman@_@ artman Posts: 5,231member
  • Reply 5 of 9
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

Excellent!

V/R,

Aries1B
  • Reply 6 of 9
    What happened on 9/11? I was busy burying myself in the sorrow of having to get married to AT&T on Friday. Other then catastrophic loss of human life... what could be worse? Good thing that's never happened....
  • Reply 7 of 9
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    This thread title is sick. 9/11 was not a joke. It's pretty easy to make comments like this over the anonymous postings of AppleInsider. Do you know anyone personally who was killed on 9/11?

Try to show a little humanity.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

This thread title is sick. 9/11 was not a joke. It's pretty easy to make comments like this over the anonymous postings of AppleInsider. Do you know anyone personally who was killed on 9/11?

Try to show a little humanity.

I was trying to point out how ridiculous it was that the original iPhone thread was hijacked (geez, pun not intented, really...) with 9/11 discussions. *That* was insensitive and totally necessary.

That said, I understand, I call voluntarily for a thread lock.

I'm going to have to stop posting, this iPhone stuff is going totally beserk.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Here in SouthEastAsia some guy was in a Apple shop claiming iPhone would be launched simultaneously in Hong Kong on the 29th.

Which is totally ridiculous because due to time zone differences this would put Hong Kong as the first to receive the iPhone. WTF?

Total bollocks, of course, this was some random punter not an Apple reseller employee.

I can just imagine the number of iPhone fakes that are going to flood the world coming out of China.

Anyways, that's all. As before, I now re-request thread lock on this thread