Jobs says "don't go to an Apple store" for iPhone

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 93
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Stock now at $123.03, and still dropping.

$120.97

I really callled this one wrong. And I got some freinds to buy into Apple last week too. "The stock is going to soar next week after the keynote". Now I have to convince them that I actually said "sour."
  • Reply 82 of 93
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Hmmm!

Even the fact that writing apps for the iPhone will be allowed, easy, and nor sold through Apple with Apple having to vet, and approve them, thus limiting them, the stock has not responded positively. It's now down to $123.69.

Not good.
  • Reply 83 of 93
    No new hardware!!

Nothing announced at all!

That's an unpleasent surprise.

Stock now at $123.03, and still dropping.
  • Reply 84 of 93
    By the way, administrators, what is wrong with this site today? The server is almost continually busy!

Isn't it about time you got more bandwidth, fixed the software, or both?
  • Reply 85 of 93
    So, does 6pm on 6/29 mean it will start shipping from other parts of the world? Or be available for purchase at 6pm on 6/29?
  • Reply 86 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gkorsgard View Post

So, does 6pm on 6/29 mean it will start shipping from other parts of the world? Or be available for purchase at 6pm on 6/29?

Purchase.
  • Reply 87 of 93
    Quote:

Purchase.

Thank you.
  • Reply 88 of 93
    I wonder if they'll let us wait inside the store on the 29th. It might be awfully hot in some parts of the country, and it sure would be nice to be able to wait inside with air conditioning =)
  • Reply 89 of 93
    Quote:

I do keep pointing it out, but no one listens!

http://www.clearwire.com/

They are up 17%.

I am more than a little pissed at myself for picking the wrong stock... yet again.
  • Reply 90 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

They are up 17%.

I am more than a little pissed at myself for picking the wrong stock... yet again.

Yup, closed at $24.50. I'm now a couple points in the black after commissions.
  • Reply 91 of 93
    "That’s a big deal: Clearwire is the leading wireless broadband company with more than 250,000 customers in 38 states. It uses a WiMax-like platform and has plans to migrate to mobile WiMax when the platform is ready."

(source)
    Those are impressive numbers. I think after spikes in the next few weeks from the iPhone buzz that I'll be moving more funds from AAPL to CLWR.
  • Reply 92 of 93
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post
    "That?s a big deal: Clearwire is the leading wireless broadband company with more than 250,000 customers in 38 states. It uses a WiMax-like platform and has plans to migrate to mobile WiMax when the platform is ready."

(source)
    Those are impressive numbers. I think after spikes in the next few weeks from the iPhone buzz that I'll be moving more funds from AAPL to CLWR.

Clearwire only had 100,000 customers as of 6 months ago, which was keeping them in the red. 250 thousand is around the number needed for them to break even, or get a bit in the black, so things are looking up much faster than I expected. I didn't expect to see that number for at least several more months.
  • Reply 93 of 93