iphone people watching

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have no interest in pissing away $500 on the iToy...er uh...phone but I am interested in the "group think" of an event like this: would it be totally un herd of or crazy to just go to the Apple store and watch the hilarity ensue?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by a_greer View Post

I have no interest in pissing away $500 on the iToy...er uh...phone but I am interested in the "group think" of an event like this: would it be totally un herd of or crazy to just go to the Apple store and watch the hilarity ensue?

Absolutely not. I love to people watch. If I had an apple store in my town, I might do just that.

I'm sure there are multiple AT&T stores around here, but somehow, I don't think it would be nearly as entertaining.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

I'm sure there are multiple AT&T stores around here, but somehow, I don't think it would be nearly as entertaining.

This people-watching idea might not be so bad!

There's an apple store just down the block from me, and I heard it's going to be very well organized. We'll see how well they know customers. I picture it being a line out the door selling iPhones as fast as they can.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Somehow I have a feeling that my wife will be none too interested in letting me out of "family night" Friday to iPhone people watch. I'll be busy all day Saturday, so hopefully sometime Sunday I can swing by the mall and check out the iPhone in person at the AT&T store there.

But I won't be buying.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CosmoNut View Post

But I won't be buying.

Are you getting V2? It will have 16GB storage, 3G and colors!!

iPhone junior for me
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:

Somehow I have a feeling that my wife will be none too interested in letting me out of "family night" Friday to iPhone people watch. I'll be busy all day Saturday, so hopefully sometime Sunday I can swing by the mall and check out the iPhone in person at the AT&T store there.

But I won't be buying.

Are you kidding? My wife won't let me in the house Friday night unless I get one...
  • Reply 6 of 13
    sammicksammick Posts: 416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Not Unlike Myself View Post

Are you kidding? My wife won't let me in the house Friday night unless I get one...

You are very lucky to have such a techie and understanding wife--
  • Reply 7 of 13
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    I'll probably slip past either my local AppleStore or an at&t store on Friday.... should be entertaining.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    josa92josa92 Posts: 193member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I'll probably slip past either my local AppleStore or an at&t store on Friday.... should be entertaining.

I expect it to be insanity at SoHo.. not even trying Fifth avenue. I hope it's not craziness....
  • Reply 9 of 13
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    I look forward to some WWF-class brawls... will every store have a Michael Buffer inpersonator at the door who will say "lets get ready to rumble!" as the doors open?
  • Reply 10 of 13
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

will every store have a Michael Buffer inpersonator

So that's what that guy's name is! Cool.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    pt123pt123 Posts: 696member
    I won't make a decision until I get to play with an iPhone, see how internet looks on a 3.5 inch screen, read some reviews.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

So that's what that guy's name is! Cool.

he is the high point of many HBO boxing matches lately...

link to his site...wonder if he does birthdays or product launches?
  • Reply 13 of 13
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

I plan to, just to check out the scene and maybe play with a demo model. Although I'm not sure what might happen if I play with a demo model ... better leave my plastic at home.