Observations at the Las Vegas Apple store today

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I took my wife to the Las Vegas Apple store today. First of all she went nuts for the computers, absolutely loved them. She even said " I though they were expensive, these are cheap". I am a HUGE Mac fan but other than my raving about them she had not really experienced them until today. She thought Spotlight and Expose were amazing!

Anyway the store was buzzing with activity. I don't know if this is typical for a Monday but it seemed to be much busier than I would have expected.

The giant iPhone display in the front window is very nice, the screen they put in it has great resolution. I was a bit disappointed to see the wires exiting the display, this was very un-Apple like. It would have been easy to route them in some sort of concealed way to further create the image that you are looking at an actual suspended giant iPhone. As it is the wires serve as a constant reminder that you are viewing a looping video on an LCD display mounted inside a fake phone. Maybe the display was not finished?

Anyway people were mesmerized by the display, there were constant viewers the entire 35 minutes I was at the store.

I am not buying an iPhone right away but it is nice to see the excitement it is creating. This can only be a positive thing for the Mac.

Just some random observations....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    jrollerjroller Posts: 80member
    Great story...Thanks.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Hooray for hypnotism!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by docprego View Post

Anyway people were mesmerized by the display, there were constant viewers the entire 35 minutes I was at the store.

They're called pick-pockets.