Cheap flights to NYC from Manchester UK

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I've just found some great return flight deals from Manchester UK to NYC. I'm so sad that I'm actually thinking about flying out to get an iPhone, even though there's a chance I may not be able to use it on a UK network just yet.

Am I alone in this irrational thought process, or are there any other Europeans thinking similarly ridiculous thoughts?

www.ebookers.com - £306 return (inc taxes and fees)

www.britishairways.com - From £281

www.hoodaki.com - £389 return (inc taxes and fees)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    maffrewmaffrew Posts: 166member
    You're alone... and crazy

Those are some great cheap flights, but it's so unlikely that you'll be able to use it, it wouldn't be anywhere near worth that risk. In all likely hood it will be locked to AT&T, when you get back no-one is going to be able to unlock it (and i'll assume you won't be staying in NY long enough for people to figure out how to crack it and get it done), and then you've got to get it to run with a uk provider. Which it might for phone calls, but not more advanced stuff, cos of the lack of 3g, which is prominent here...

Oh to hell with all that, go get yourself an iPhone
  • Reply 2 of 5
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post

I've just found some great return flight deals from Manchester UK to NYC. I'm so sad that I'm actually thinking about flying out to get an iPhone, even though there's a chance I may not be able to use it on a UK network just yet.

If you're gonna do it... do it right! Go out and line up a few fellow brits who also want the iPhone and then add some sort of 'handling fee' to help cover the travel expenses. Get 5 people to each kicking in an extra 50 and you've got most/all of the ticket paid for!! If you can get more than 5 you could even wind up paying LESS than retail for your phone!!!

Noting sad or crazy about THAT!

Dave
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

If you're gonna do it... do it right! Go out and line up a few fellow brits who also want the iPhone and then add some sort of 'handling fee' to help cover the travel expenses. Get 5 people to each kicking in an extra 50 and you've got most/all of the ticket paid for!! If you can get more than 5 you could even wind up paying LESS than retail for your phone!!!

Noting sad or crazy about THAT!

Dave

Good luck finding people stupid enough to fall for that
  • Reply 4 of 5
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maffrew View Post

Good luck finding people stupid enough to fall for that

Never and I mean NEVER under estimate the the potential for stupidity in the average human being. :
  • Reply 5 of 5
    LOL, you're right, if I have faith in humanity's intelligence, i'm just setting myself up to get dissapointed!