Dick Cheney is 'Special'

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
My eyes just about popped out of their sockets after I read this.

Maybe a class-action lawsuit is in order here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

My eyes just about popped out of their sockets after I read this.

Maybe a class-action lawsuit is in order here.

How does that work when the subject of the lawsuit is above the law?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    @_@ artman@_@ artman Posts: 5,231member
  • Reply 3 of 9
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Exactly how far above the law is he?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
  • Reply 5 of 9
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    ^^^

I did that when I was about 10, albeit using wires connented to the end of a kettle lead. Ive never been the same since!
  • Reply 6 of 9
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

I can find some feathers. Got any boiling tar?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Exactly how far above the law is he?

Read the story, Vice President Cheney claims to not be in the executive branch... i suppose he's in some kind of governmental limbo. \
  • Reply 7 of 9
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Cheney's a spook for sure, but I'd have some pent-up frustration as well if I were W's VP for going-on seven years. The book is not closed on this story, so the conspiracy theories can be put on hold for a little while. This is actually one of the few circumstances where I believe the system will suceed in sorting things out.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    This is a pretty good read. Part one today and three more parts to follow the next three days:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/chene...ers/chapter_1/

It's a good insight into Cheney. What a cunning bastard he is.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Akumulator View Post

This is a pretty good read. Part one today and three more parts to follow the next three days:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/chene...ers/chapter_1/

It's a good insight into Cheney. What a cunning bastard he is.

"Cunning" is being very gentle.

Extracted from article in Prison Planet on this same series:

Quote:

....his morning on Washington Post radio, Barton Gellman ? the co-author of the Cheney series ? argued that based on his research of Cheney, he found ?no evidence? that ?9/11 exerted a profound psychological change on the Vice President.? Instead, Gellman argued, ?[Cheney] has not changed his views very much over the years. What has changed is he has a greater opportunity to put them into action.?

Listen to the interview here

Transcript:

GELLMAN: It?s been often speculated that 9/11 exerted a profound psychological change on the Vice President. But we did not find evidence that that?s true.

There?s a moment in the story in which we?ve got witnesses who are watching him watch the World Trade Center collapse. Everyone else in the room is groaning. And he doesn?t blink his eyes. He turns around and starts working the phones again.

And what he?s doing is he?s finding that 9/11 confirms some long-held beliefs of his. And it gives him the opportunity to press through some long-desired changes. He has not changed his views very much over the years. What has changed is he has a greater opportunity to put them into action.

Cheney exhibits some hallmarks of a psychopath. An outward veneer of sanity, but with no conscience, no remorse, no empathy, superficially charming, manipulative in the extreme, often knowingly dishonest/lying, etc. But unlike most psychopaths, he has followed a single-minded career which has led him to the highest positions of power.. which make him (and his sort) even more of a danger to society.

If it wasn't for the fact that he has risen to power within the constraints of a democratic republic with the essentials for civilized society built into its Constitution.....

Yikes. Ouch. Lets not even *go* there....