Microsoft Exchange Support in iPhone

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
This will be a tipping point for those whom wish to easily recieve thier work email whom use MS Exchange.

As of yet there has been no mention of supporting this, which is a real let down.

However, a glimmer of hope emerged today via Engaget...

Rumor has it that Apple has licensed Exchange Active Sync after all, so let the Direct Pushing begin. Of all the gripes we've heard since this handset was announced, this one was by far the most prevalent, and indeed even a showstopper for some. It seems that Microsoft will announce the licensing of EAS tomorrow, though we aren't sure if this support will be included out of the box, or as an update in the near future. So now all the iPhone faithful will be armed with one more tool to defend themselves against the non-believers -- and here's hoping that the keyboard won't fail them as they begin pushing those missives out.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    They DO mention it, at least once. Now they refer to it as supporting corporate email. In the business world that means Exchange. Mail in tiger has a setting for exchange, although i understand it's only a modified IMAP configuration.

I would love if Apple did license Active Sync. Our company would be flooded with iPhones on Monday...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
  • Reply 3 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    So this Exchange Active Sync is only for cell phones? I would hope that Apple's Mail on Macs would be able to do this as well (even for IT offices like mine that don't want to turn on imap access).
  • Reply 4 of 7
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Interesting....

Perhaps we'll be seeing a different announcement each day leading up to the launch.

- Monday: iPhone shipments arrive & 25 iPhone Accessories

- Tuesday: Pricing Revealed

- Wednesday: Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync! (could be a bombshell if true)

- Thursday: ?!?!?!!?!

- Friday: iPhone Day!

Dave
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

- Thursday: ?!?!?!!?!

Thursday: VideoCam?

• Reply 6 of 7
    cpt kcpt k Posts: 33member
    This would do it for me... as getting my corp email would be a real pain having to log-in thru web each time. My current iMate JAM running Windows Mobile 2003 has AS and works great alongside my other (3) POP accounts at the same time. Not to mention syncing contacts and calendar events too.

They announce this, cha-ching, millions more served no questions asked.

This is getting nuts.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    cpt kcpt k Posts: 33member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DisneyEcho View Post

Thursday: VideoCam?

Yeah, what can they possibly pull out of their hat on Thurs?

Video?

Better yet... use of phone as video player (out) to TV set would be plus.

ichat (dont really care personally)

Read also that you can't copy n paste text?

who knows.