AT&T: iPhone sales limited to 'one per person'

Comments

• Reply 21 of 64
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Is the Apple store doing the same thing? I need 3 as well, but I'm the only one able to stay out for a day.
  • Reply 22 of 64
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BlackSummerNight View Post

What's wrong with people putting them on ebay for profit. If they buy it, it's theirs to with as they please.

One per person is dumb for someone on a family plan.

I do think that it means one phone per person, if you have only one phone line on the account.

If you have more, that would be different.

I didn't see the actual wording. That should clear it up.
  • Reply 23 of 64
    ENOUGH ALREADY. Sheesh. Is this Apple insider or iPhone insider. We get it. Lots and lots of news. We don't need "insider" for this junk anymore.
  • Reply 24 of 64
    titoctitoc Posts: 58member
    Quote:

You are a dolt for your illogical thinking. I bet 1,000,000 dollars that my family won't have to wait in line.

Ok. Sure. Make the $1,000,000 check out to:

Mr. Right

123 Your Wrong Ave.

Springfield, OH 12345
  • Reply 25 of 64
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    it's about time there's another story on AI... ohh lookie, it's an iPhone story. iDont care. it comes out in two days. any idiot can figure out the registration w/o a 175 meg download. i understand, if you press the "A" key, the iPhone will type "A". awesome.

i agree, if your spoiled little kid wants an iPhone, have your spoiled little kid wait in line with you.

i'm getting to the mall at about 5:30 pm. can't believe i had to write pm. why so late? i'm not going to bother taking time off from work, i'll stop by the mall because it's on my way home.

there are TWO ATT stores and an apple store there. if there are lines, i'm going to apple because i'm fairly certain they'll have about 10x as many phones in their stockroom as ATT will. if the lines are ridiculous, i'll go home and order one online. i would LIKE to have the phone this weekend, but i can wait 3 or 4 days. if you want to by 30 iPhones "for your family", do it online, don't pissoff every1 behind you in line. then we'll see the iPhones flood ebay and crash prices down to $499.01 just like the PS3.
  • Reply 26 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shanghai View Post

ENOUGH ALREADY. Sheesh. Is this Apple insider or iPhone insider. We get it. Lots and lots of news. We don't need "insider" for this junk anymore.

Then stop reading it. Go somewhere else. Sheesh. If you don't want to read about the iPhone, then . . . I don't know . . . . how about . . .STOP COMING TO IPHONE POSTS!

The post SPECIFICALLY says "AT&T: iPhone sales limited to 'one per person'" and NOT "Come here to bitch about too much iPhone Coverage" does it??
  • Reply 27 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TitoC View Post

Then stop reading it. Go somewhere else. Sheesh. If you don't want to read about the iPhone, then . . . I don't know . . . . how about . . .STOP COMING TO IPHONE POSTS!

The post SPECIFICALLY says "AT&T: iPhone sales limited to 'one per person'" and NOT "Come here to bitch about too much iPhone Coverage" does it??

posts like "here's what the plan will cost you" are worth reading.

posts like "two employees will be sleeping in every store..." not so much.
  • Reply 28 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by desarc View Post

it's about time there's another story on AI... ohh lookie, it's an iPhone story. iDont care. it comes out in two days. any idiot can figure out the registration w/o a 175 meg download. i understand, if you press the "A" key, the iPhone will type "A". awesome.

i agree, if your spoiled little kid wants an iPhone, have your spoiled little kid wait in line with you.

i'm getting to the mall at about 5:30 pm. can't believe i had to write pm. why so late? i'm not going to bother taking time off from work, i'll stop by the mall because it's on my way home.

there are TWO ATT stores and an apple store there. if there are lines, i'm going to apple because i'm fairly certain they'll have about 10x as many phones in their stockroom as ATT will. if the lines are ridiculous, i'll go home and order one online. i would LIKE to have the phone this weekend, but i can wait 3 or 4 days. if you want to by 30 iPhones "for your family", do it online, don't pissoff every1 behind you in line. then we'll see the iPhones flood ebay and crash prices down to $499.01 just like the PS3.

Maybe some of us have had good incomes, and the price for the phone isn't a big deal.

Don't be so jealous.
  • Reply 29 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Maybe some of us have had good incomes, and the price for the phone isn't a big deal.

Don't be so jealous.

good incomes are far less valuable than good kids.
  • Reply 30 of 64
    Quote:

Don't be so jealous.

Then have your chauffeur, your gardener and your maid wait in line in place for your rich little "princess," your fat and lazy little "sport." and your hot tennis-playing "wife."

• Reply 31 of 64
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

What's wrong with people putting them on ebay for profit. If they buy it, it's theirs to with as they please.

It's a great idea, especially for the first couple of days or weeks. Just like the PS3, it'll inflate to outrageous numbers... until the Wii Phone comes out.
  • Reply 32 of 64
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    there will be stacks of these things on the shelves saturday.

non-event. I predict undersold, with lots of inventory available saturday. --stock; on monday.
  • Reply 33 of 64
    Quote:

good incomes are far less valuable than good kids.

Some of us have both.
  • Reply 34 of 64
    Quote:

Some of us have both.

yes we do. and it's in part because we don't spoil them. [besides, i don't think my 2 1/2 year old or my 4 month old should be playing w/ iPhones - i mean they would have to learn where to press on the screen 6 different times just to call me.]

regardless, i don't care who in here makes 1/100th what i do, or 100x what i do, looks like you're still going to be able to buy the same number of phones on day ONE.
  • Reply 35 of 64
    Quote:

Then have your chauffeur, your gardener and your maid wait in line in place for your rich little "princess," your fat and lazy little "sport." and your hot tennis-playing "wife."

Not to speak poorly of your family, but I'm sorry for you.

• Reply 36 of 64
    Quote:

yes we do. and it's in part because we don't spoil them. [besides, i don't think my 2 1/2 year old or my 4 month old should be playing w/ iPhones - i mean they would have to learn where to press on the screen 6 different times just to call me.]

regardless, i don't care who in here makes 1/100th what i do, or 100x what i do, looks like you're still going to be able to buy the same number of phones on day ONE.

I'm not planning to buy them until they have 3G anyway.

But, spoil is a relative term.
  • Reply 37 of 64
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:

What's wrong with Apple setting sales policies, it's their product to sell as they please.

This way is fairest to those that actually stand in line. Maybe others don't think it's fair to have to stand in line. I think there is too much at stake that AppleT&T can't afford to have scalping sully their launch.
  • Reply 38 of 64
    Quote:

I'm bitching because every freakin' story on the front page is about the iPhone! So where does one come to bitch? Oh yeah! That's right - it's the forum. So I'm here and I'm bitching.

I love AI, but story after story about the iPhone has simply ceased to be insider. Just no point to it.
  • Reply 39 of 64
    Quote:

I'm bitching because every freakin' story on the front page is about the iPhone! So where does one come to bitch? Oh yeah! That's right - it's the forum. So I'm here and I'm bitching.

I love AI, but story after story about the iPhone has simply ceased to be insider. Just no point to it.

You might as well say the same thing to the New York Times and the WSJ.

The Times had four articles today about ti, and the Journal had three.
  • Reply 40 of 64
    Quote:

I'm bitching because every freakin' story on the front page is about the iPhone! So where does one come to bitch? Oh yeah! That's right - it's the forum. So I'm here and I'm bitching . . .

Oh, actually you don't come HERE to THIS forum. Or for that matter, any forum.

You contact AppleInsider and bitch to THEM, NOT US.

We are here on a post that was started by AppleInsider, NOT us.

We don't start the threads, AppleInsider starts them. We are here minding our own business talking about SPECIFIC topics. We don't need people coming here and bitching about what AppleInsider does or does not write about. If you got a problem with what they post, how they post it or what they don't post, bitch to THEM (the Administrators and creaters of these threads) and NOT to the READERS and subscribers (Us) of these posts.

You know what a "Contact Us" link looks like, don't you. I suggest you use it.

There's one at the bottom of this site right now.

If you want to find out about "Other" Mac and Apple related topics, I suggest you go to MacRumors.com.

They actually got quite a few of them going on right now:

Apple Releases Pro Application Updates

Apple Releases SuperDrive Firmware Update 2.1

Lepoard, 3rd Party Applications

P.S. So that's the end of my Rant. I understand that there is a lot of "iPhone" stories, editorials, Forums, etc. out there. But you also have to understand, this is one of the biggest Electronic Gadget launches EVER. So let the iPhone "Geeks" have their fun for now. It will be over soon.

But also, there really are other sites out there on Apple and Mac related issues. But for the next few days, they might be a little preoccupied with the"Phone" thing.

Don't worry, Leopard will be out soon and you will have other people getting sick and tired hearing about that as well.