Leopard's GUI - Not very consistent

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I thought Steve Jobs said we would have a consistent user interface.

If so, what in the world is going on here:

http://www.thinksecret.com/archives/...picture07.html

http://www.thinksecret.com/archives/...picture01.html

It's like a new noir gradient metal theme, but with aqua still bubbling out. It is interesting. Even the scroll bars are aqua.

In Apple's defense, only the darker gray areas have metal buttons, while the light gray has aqua.

Still, it does not look quite right.

Leopard is really growing on me. When I first saw it, I was glad to have tiger, but now I actually want the transparent menu and especially the new sock with Stacks as my most hoped for option.

I do hope there is some GUI tweaking going on still. Is it too much to hope for a couple different types of themes from Apple? right now, it looks like a transitional product.

Aqua still looks the best out there even after all these years, but Apple should either stick with it or go in an entirely new direction. My honest opinion is that it is just going to be very hard to outdo what they have done with Aqua. Just like the Macbook Pro and Mac Pro designs. I don't see how they can improve on those.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 9secondko View Post

I thought Steve Jobs said we would have a consistent user interface.

If so, what in the world is going on here:

http://www.thinksecret.com/archives/...picture07.html

http://www.thinksecret.com/archives/...picture01.html

It's like a new noir gradient metal theme, but with aqua still bubbling out. It is interesting. Even the scroll bars are aqua.

In Apple's defense, only the darker gray areas have metal buttons, while the light gray has aqua.

Still, it does not look quite right.

Leopard is really growing on me. When I first saw it, I was glad to have tiger, but now I actually want the transparent menu and especially the new sock with Stacks as my most hoped for option.

I do hope there is some GUI tweaking going on still. Is it too much to hope for a couple different types of themes from Apple? right now, it looks like a transitional product.

Aqua still looks the best out there even after all these years, but Apple should either stick with it or go in an entirely new direction. My honest opinion is that it is just going to be very hard to outdo what they have done with Aqua. Just like the Macbook Pro and Mac Pro designs. I don't see how they can improve on those.

What are you on about mate?! Are you on drugs?! Because I think you are seeing things, its all very consistent to me.

STOP NIT PICKING!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • Reply 2 of 5
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 9secondko View Post

I really thought they were going to go with the itunes scrollbars. I think they would have fitted more in the theme. I'm on graphite theme all the time now as I don't like the aqua blue any more. They can still change it of course.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I really thought they were going to go with the itunes scrollbars. I think they would have fitted more in the theme. I'm on graphite theme all the time now as I don't like the aqua blue any more. They can still change it of course.

I hope the will. Aquq is dated right now, pass that on to MS, let's go slick.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I really want to see the Aqua widgets get tweaked right out of the final release of Leopard. They really do look dated and ridiculous, especially in light of the other UI improvements.

The iPhone / desktop OS X widget comparison posted a few weeks ago only rubbed that fact in.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    whoamiwhoami Posts: 301member
    IT'S A BETA RELEASE!

they obviously haven't swapped out everything yet!