Combined iPhone service and data plans to start at $60 per month

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 126
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by m0RrE View Post

Hmm, i do not agree with you that the rates are impressive.

It's all relative. For the US, the rates are very competitive.
  • Reply 122 of 126
    And they make us Canadian users cry.
  • Reply 123 of 126
    dappledapple Posts: 44member
    AT&T is neither subsidizing the iPhone or discounting their rate plans for the iPhone.

However, you can purchase a subsidized smartphone and agree to a discounted two year contract with AT&T (if you are eligible to use a corporate partnership discount) that provides the same service level as the iPhone Rate Plan of your choice. Further, you will be allowed to drop SMS messaging or limit your data package later if you prefer.

Of course the other smartphones that AT&T can and will sell you will not provide you with visual voicemail or any of the other revolutionary features of the iPhone, which is much more than a smartphone.

If you want an iPhone, then you need to accept that having and using an iPhone for two years requires you to pay the full price for the iPhone and the full price for the AT&T rate plan of your choice for the whole two years.
  • Reply 124 of 126
    meelashmeelash Posts: 1,045member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dapple View Post

AT&T is neither subsidizing the iPhone or discounting their rate plans for the iPhone.

However, you can purchase a subsidized smartphone and agree to a discounted two year contract with AT&T (if you are eligible to use a corporate partnership discount) that provides the same service level as the iPhone Rate Plan of your choice. Further, you will be allowed to drop SMS messaging or limit your data package later if you prefer.

Of course the other smartphones that AT&T can and will sell you will not provide you with visual voicemail or any of the other revolutionary features of the iPhone, which is much more than a smartphone.

If you want an iPhone, then you need to accept that having and using an iPhone for two years requires you to pay the full price for the iPhone and the full price for the AT&T rate plan of your choice for the whole two years.

I don't think this is really a big deal, really. I mean, part of the reason cell phone companies have been able to get away with terrible customer experience, crippled phone feature sets, crappy software and everything else that's wrong with the industry, is because the perceived cost savings are so great that people put up with it.

If the iPhone is going to offer phone and internet service the way it really should be, I think people will be willing to pay for it. After all, we do in every other market. Does your cable company subsidize your TV purchase? Or your IP your computer?

Apple is simply redefining the whole paradigm to what, I believe is a much healthier one. Where marketplace response to phones is felt directly by the manufacturer of the phone, and the customer experience is not dictated by the service provider.
  • Reply 125 of 126
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    . wrong forum