Time frame for iPhone nano

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
What do you think the time frame for the iphone nano will be? They're bound to make it eventually, and I just want to know how long I have to make my RAZR last.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skidude108 View Post

What do you think the time frame for the iphone nano will be? They're bound to make it eventually, and I just want to know how long I have to make my RAZR last.

what do you imagine this supposedly inevitable iphone nano would be? seems like there isn't really much they can take away from the iphone without just turning it into a bog-standard mobile
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jonnyboy View Post

what do you imagine this supposedly inevitable iphone nano would be? seems like there isn't really much they can take away from the iphone without just turning it into a bog-standard mobile

I dont know, but I can't imagine they would leave the iphone on it's own in that line forever. Right now, the iphone is WAY more than I would ever spend on a cell phone. I don't need mobile internet, I don't need an ipod in my phone, (I have a nano for when I want music) I don't need anything but a telephone. Syncing it with a computer is fun, and I imagine that if it's from apple, it will do that, and have a color screen, and maybe even a camera, but that's about all I think it should have. I'd like it to be VERY small, lightweight, and have just minimal features. If I were good at photoshop, I would design it myself, but I'm pretty bad at it. I picture it being somewhere between an ipod mini and a nano in size, and just being a mobile phone.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    aisiaisi Posts: 134member
    Quote:

I don't need an ipod in my phone, (I have a nano for when I want music)

The way I see it every Apple phone will be a music phone.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Any iPhone Nano will be an iPod too. It'll just have the web removed. I would guess that we'll see a 2Gen iPhone before Apple begins turning their eyes toward a second phone. So you might see one in a couple of years, but not likely in the coming year. Replace you RAZR now and by the time Apple's second phone is released, you'll be pretty close to ready to replace your phone again. Or make your RAZR last another two years and be a good steward of the environment .
  • Reply 5 of 13
    I'm going to have to wait 2 years from now for my iPhone...this weekend I'm getting a new LG vx8700. Just can't pay the price of the iPhone with the service right now...hopefully that will all come down in the future though!
  • Reply 6 of 13
    The way I see it, and I'm pretty new to apple, so it's probably wrong, but it seems that all of their product lines go in 3s.

Ipod: shuffle, nano, video

Notebook: 13", 15", 17"

Desktop: Mac Mini, iMac, Mac Pro

Displays: 20", 23", 30"

It would only make sense that they offer 3 iPhones by the time they fully establish the line. The iPhone, the iPhone 'mini' with an ipod and a phone, but no internet, and a bare bones phone. The bare bones one will probably be last, though I don't really know. That's the one I want.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jonnyboy View Post

iPod/media and mobile phone features only. No Internet access. No data plan required would make it a huge hit like the current Nano is.

It would be a bog-standard mobile with a fantastic media player and seriously cool UI;

I say end of 2008 across the globe.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    aisiaisi Posts: 134member
    Quote:

It would only make sense that they offer 3 iPhones by the time they fully establish the line. The iPhone, the iPhone 'mini' with an ipod and a phone, but no internet, and a bare bones phone.

You're right in that Apple won't offer 18 different models. But Apple is branching into mobile phones because phones equipped with MP3 music players will be a threat to the iPod. The goal is still to sell music players, I don't think they would be interested in selling bare bone phones.

I don?t know how it will play out but instead of offering three iPods and three iPhones, Apple could maybe combine the two product lines in the near future.

- iPhone (converged device)

- touchscreen video iPod (standalone music/video player sans phone, high capacity)

- low-end iPod (small and stylish music player)

Or there will be a second music phone, I don't know. In this case it could be unveiled before the 2008 holiday shopping season. By that time the iPhone will be available worldwide, it would be nice to stimulate the growth with a second model positioned at a lower price point.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Summer 2008.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    easyceasyc Posts: 69member
    Quote:

Razr's are a thing of the past. That was a fad that went out like Vanilla Ice's hair. Of course as technology gets better and more efficient we will see smaller sizes of devices in what not but a iphone nano is not of any concern right now. The phone industry has two parts, Regular Consumers- that will buy whats hot, cool, and goes along with the latest trend and Buisness Consumers - those that want the capabilities of a BlackBerry (messaging,newsfeed,e-mail,internet, ect.) on a good, fast, relaiable network. Right now Razrs are just dead.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Some clowns at the downtown San Francisco Apple Store are selling the iPhone Shuffle: It'll call your friends randomly.

Sebastian

• Reply 12 of 13
    s.asads.asad Posts: 51member
    I think the first significant addition to the iPhone family will actually be slightly thicker than the current models.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    ido2ido2 Posts: 2member
    Here it is!! The iPhone Nano!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ1bGYMudv0