AT&T: iPhone sales limited to 'one per person'

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    dappledapple Posts: 44member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I'm pretty sure that the SIM card can be removed, whether it will works in other devices, I don't know. If the card is fixed, there would be no use in having an externally accessible sim card tray. Sim cards from other devices won't work in the iPhone.

Wasn't this proven false in Apple's demo videos? You migrate your phone number through the iTunes app. I think not allowing the transfer of numbers would have legal ramifications.

The information that I provided is verifiable at AT&T corporate owned retail stores and 1-800-MY-APPLE.

cough cough ... ^^^^^^^wtf is that ^^^^^^^^
  • Reply 62 of 64
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
  • Reply 63 of 64
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dapple View Post

The information that I provided is verifiable at AT&T corporate owned retail stores and 1-800-MY-APPLE.

I don't know who you talked to then. The WSJ review said that they managed to physically swap the SIMs. So that part of your report is wrong. The same review said that other SIMS would not work, so that part of your report is correct at the moment.

Regarding the number transfer, I've heard that the video here covers it:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/usingiphone/activation.html

I haven't watched it yet though.
  • Reply 64 of 64
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I don't know who you talked to then. The WSJ review said that they managed to physically swap the SIMs. So that part of your report is wrong. The same review said that other SIMS would not work, so that part of your report is correct at the moment.

Regarding the number transfer, I've heard that the video here covers it:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/usingiphone/activation.html

I haven't watched it yet though.

Yes, the video clearly shows and demonstrates the process (in iTunes) for transferring your existing phone number. Someone has gotten some wrong information.