Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Here some videos reavealing feautures not showed at wwdc07

enjoy!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Ah, paparazzi hit again.

Unfortunately, for some reason the video links do not work for me.
  • Reply 2 of 19
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 3 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

However I am absolutely LOVING how the menu bar changed for the background. It shows that it's not really transparent... more like it's trying to blend. Unfortunately the Photoshop top bar got in the way of seeing the full effect but it's still very cool.

So it is true. Thanks by the way for the screenshot.
  • Reply 4 of 19
    Null.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Sebastian

Is it me or the new dock in this screenshot is characteristically metal in structure, as revealed by the lighting? Is it everywhere like that?
  • Reply 6 of 19
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Is it just me or do these videos look sped up a bit? Specifically, I'm looking at the icons bouncing in the dock when they're launched.
  • Reply 7 of 19
    Null.
  • Reply 8 of 19
    miggs97miggs97 Posts: 87member
    Great videos!

I'm especially impressed with the Spaces functionality. I love the fact that you can drag a window to the edge of the screen to move it to the adjacent space. I've tried using virtual desktops in the past and this seems to finally be a complete solution. The overall polish with the smaller animations seem to be quite good as well. I can't wait!
  • Reply 9 of 19
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Is it me or the new dock in this screenshot is characteristically metal in structure, as revealed by the lighting? Is it everywhere like that?

Yeah it's like that everywhere. I personally prefer the lighter grey but at least it's not brushed metal.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JupiterOne

Is it just me or do these videos look sped up a bit? Specifically, I'm looking at the icons bouncing in the dock when they're launched.

Leopard is just faster. Apple may have increased the bounce speed to give more or an impression of speed but Leopard is definitely quicker.

imovie for example launches nearly instantly from a cold boot, which it doesn't do in Tiger. I really think they've improved memory allocation speed, which improves launch times.
  • Reply 10 of 19
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    On the Expose and Spaces video, we see different groups of windows being dragged from space to space with no obvious mechanism for how they're being selected.

That is, in one instance we see the cursor grab a single app window and drag it, but then come back and get a several at once.

The puzzling thing is that the group apparently doesn't have to be contiguous in the pile; you can drag the first, third and fourth window (counting "down") and leave the second behind.

What up?
  • Reply 11 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

On the Expose and Spaces video, we see different groups of windows being dragged from space to space with no obvious mechanism for how they're being selected.

That is, in one instance we see the cursor grab a single app window and drag it, but then come back and get a several at once.

The puzzling thing is that the group apparently doesn't have to be contiguous in the pile; you can drag the first, third and fourth window (counting "down") and leave the second behind.

What up?

I noticed that too. i would like to know how this works...
  • Reply 12 of 19
    daffy_duckdaffy_duck Posts: 248member
    They added an icon scale slider in the spotlight window but not in the main Finder. I don't get that. The spotlight window also has a breadcrumb-like path. I can't figure out the inconsistency.
  • Reply 13 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta View Post

I noticed that too. i would like to know how this works...

I interperated it as they were dragging an app with multiple windows open. I read somewhere that one app cannot have windows in different spaces.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    - ?(r)?z -- ?(r)?z - Posts: 127member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Unfortunately, for some reason the video links do not work for me.

Try these

Spaces

http://prefolo.netsons.org/wordpress/?p=21#more-21

Stacks

http://prefolo.netsons.org/wordpress/?p=20#more-20

Coverflow & QuickLook

http://prefolo.netsons.org/wordpress/?p=19#more-19

Spaces & Exposè

http://prefolo.netsons.org/wordpress/?p=18

Smart Folders

http://prefolo.netsons.org/wordpress/?p=17#more-17

Spotlight Help

http://prefolo.netsons.org/wordpress/?p=16

Finestra di dialogo di apertura file

http://prefolo.netsons.org/wordpress/?p=15
  • Reply 15 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daffy_Duck View Post

They added an icon scale slider in the spotlight window but not in the main Finder. I don't get that. The spotlight window also has a breadcrumb-like path. I can't figure out the inconsistency.

The breadcrumb path would make a degree of sense since every file in the smart folder could potentially come from a different folder. I hope they include the slider in the regular finder view, that would be sweet!
  • Reply 16 of 19
    Null.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by miggs97 View Post

I interperated it as they were dragging an app with multiple windows open. I read somewhere that one app cannot have windows in different spaces.

No, you can assign an app to only exist in one space, but an app isn't limited to one space.

In the videos they are both dragging a single window of an app and all windows at the same time. So it looks like a keyboard-combo makes you drag all windows of one app at the same time. Like: Click-drag drags one window, Command-click-drag drags all windows of one app.
  • Reply 18 of 19
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    haha call me oblivious, but i just realized that there are new folders...i dont care for them as much as the current ones.
  • Reply 19 of 19
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whyatt Thrash View Post

No, you can assign an app to only exist in one space, but an app isn't limited to one space.

In the videos they are both dragging a single window of an app and all windows at the same time. So it looks like a keyboard-combo makes you drag all windows of one app at the same time. Like: Click-drag drags one window, Command-click-drag drags all windows of one app.

Ah, I see. The finder windows open in different views were throwing me off.

I wonder if there is a way to click/select multiple windows from different apps for dragging?