High-quality Apple iPhone unboxing photos

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
A gallery of images taken from one of the first Apple iPhones that went on sale Friday at 6:00 p.m. eastern time. More to follow.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 40
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    High-quality? I don't see any photos.
  • Reply 2 of 40
    I am drooling as we speak
  • Reply 3 of 40
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

It's punishment for upstaging my thread.
  • Reply 4 of 40
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    I can't wait 'till they come to the UK.

Drool!
  • Reply 5 of 40
    alpichalpich Posts: 96member
    Were they scratches next to the single button or just residue and dust from the shipping cover? If they were scratches I think I would want another one.
  • Reply 6 of 40
    citycity Posts: 522member
    I would trade my entire Beanie Babie collection for one.
  • Reply 7 of 40
    *orgasm*
  • Reply 8 of 40
    luukluuk Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post

I can't wait 'till they come to the UK.

Drool!

Same here in Finland, too sad we need to wait much longer

I have been watching news and video for this phone all night in here and I'll get that phone at best on october, thats pathetic, but whatever!
  • Reply 9 of 40
    alpichalpich Posts: 96member
    I live in Australia. There isn't even word of it coming here. Yeh sure they are saying 2008 for ASIA but our main carriers Tesltra and Optus have said that they are not interested in the iPhone. That leave Vodafone and Hutchison 3G Australia. Neither of which have great coverage. Also in Australia to get just 1gb of data a month you pay $50 Aus. I can not even imagine what a unlimited data charge would look like. Th reality is that if Australia gets it it is going to be so not the experience of Europe and the US.

hehe I think it is kind of funny that Apple has not done a little add on to include the iPhone in its dictionary. iPod works find but iPhone comes up with wrong spelling. Small things amuse small minds you know.
  • Reply 10 of 40
    Quote:

click the link. The pictures won't show up in the forums.

Also: Turn the fricken thing on already. Tease.
  • Reply 11 of 40
    Yeah, the same sentiment from Sweden.
  • Reply 12 of 40
    cubertcubert Posts: 728member
    Man! How anticlimactic! I wanted to see pictures of it booting up and the home screen.

• Reply 13 of 40
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    RDF just kicked into overdrive, I now want one so bad.

One thing that's funny is that the Canadian Store pretends like the iPhone doesn't exist, it has the old layout and no iPhone information page just because there's no deal reached yet. They should put one up to streamline all the sites and it's not like we don't know it's coming.
  • Reply 14 of 40
    citycity Posts: 522member
    These are great pictures for camera phone photos. I havn't been this excited since I got my HP-35 caculator. I hope my store has the product red version.
  • Reply 15 of 40
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Went to local ATT store to check the iPhone out. Surprisingly even in my rural area the local ATT store got iPhones and had a line to get in the store.

I got the impression many buyers ran home and posted their phone on Ebay for sale. Many bought wihout even trying the thing out. Anyway I played around with one for 10-15 minutes. Despite it's shortcomings which have been discussed ad naseum, I was very impressed. It really is as intuitive to use as the videos portray it. Browsing is nice and the integration of all features is impressive. It's obvious that this has been under development for many years. It is very well thought out. For example the notes application has a little envelope icon at the bottom. Hit it and the email app is brought up and the note that was typed is the body of the message. Nice. BTW Iiked the keyboard. It worked fine for me.

Didn't get one but am now leaning towards buying.
  • Reply 16 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

click the link. The pictures won't show up in the forums.

Thanks for your advanced tip.

They are showing up now, they weren't before. Thanks for the photos guys. It would seem that no other websites out there have mastered the art of marco like you AI
  • Reply 17 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac

BTW Iiked the keyboard. It worked fine for me.

I knew it, that part never really worried me too much. If the keyboard wasn't good enough, because it's software, Apple would have never announced it. Did you try out the magnifying glass 'backto'?
  • Reply 18 of 40
    desarcdesarc Posts: 642member
    picked one up in connecticut. walked into the mall at 5:00, saw over 400 people in line at the apple store, said now way. went to the att store... about 30 people in line. i had my phone at around 6:30 - would have had it earlier, but the att sales system kept crashing. while waiting for the system to come online so i could pay, the apple store SOLD OUT. in LESS than 30 minutes. soooooo glad i hopped into the smaller line.

one MAJOR PROBLEM: when att says you can add a $20 data plan to any existing plan, that is TOTAL BS. i HAD a plan i've been grandfathered into since 1999. they claim that now it is a "corporate plan" [yeah, 250 anytime, 5k night/weekends w/ one user is corporate. TOTAL BS. so now they're gouging me for $20 more per month for more minutes that i will never use... but hey, the minutes rollover, right?
  • Reply 19 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by desarc View Post

picked one up in connecticut. walked into the mall at 5:00, saw over 400 people in line at the apple store, said now way. went to the att store... about 30 people in line. i had my phone at around 6:30 - would have had it earlier, but the att sales system kept crashing. while waiting for the system to come online so i could pay, the apple store SOLD OUT. in LESS than 30 minutes. soooooo glad i hopped into the smaller line.

Pics pics pics???
  • Reply 20 of 40
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

I knew it, that part never really worried me too much. If the keyboard wasn't good enough, because it's software, Apple would have never announced it. Did you try out the magnifying glass 'backto'?

Didn't have a chance. Everyone in the store was buying an iPhone but me and I was the one playing with the demo model the longest. Most were buying without even looking at or trying the demo model. The ATT people were beginning to give me the look and kept asking me if I 'had any questions'.