For all you people buying the iPhone...READ THIS!

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AISI View Post

The ever insightful Enderle.

There should be some kind of requirement for tech "consultants" to have to appear in public after their prognostications have been either confirmed or denied by reality.

Then, they can either accept our bouquets and applause, or we get to gun them down and drag their bullet riddled bodies through town.

Or mock them. Either one.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    i have to agree i use shieldzone on all of my ipods and love it, i can place them in my pocket with my keys and not worry about them.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    kukitokukito Posts: 113member
    Quote:

From the Enderle Group, consisting of him, his wife and his parents in Revere Mass. He's a notorious anti-Intel (and therefore anti-Apple) pundit.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Except one of the things the early reviews seem to agree on wholeheartedly is that the iPhone is exceptionally scratch resistant. They speak of tossing it in a pocket with keys and coins and not having a mark on it after two weeks.

I think Apple learned their lesson with the Nano dust-up, which is why they decided to go with a glass screen.

By the way, "scratching, smudging, and anything else I can think of"? I can't think of anything else. Maybe a screen protector protects is from getting the measles?

All I know is my 5G iPod, which was replaced after my first one had a HD failure, is now a DISASTER. I have used it about the same as the first one, yet there are marks everywhere. I am thinking about getting some of that scratch repair stuff, the stuff they make for glasses. What's weird is the back (the metal) is scratched to hell too...and I can't see what I did to make that happen.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    akacakac Posts: 512member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta View Post

THIS IS NOT SPAM, I AM JUST HELPING PEOPLE OUT. I do not work for them, I just use the products and know they do help a lot. The one problem your going to have with the iPhone is how easy it is to scratch, smudge, and anything else you can think of. Well, This Company has the best protection you can probably find for it. They haven't made it yet, but believe me they will very soon. They make the covers for everything. I use it for my phone, iPod, and even my friends MBP's. Check them out, it's definitely worth the few bucks.

http://www.shieldzone.com/

I've used their stuff and I can say that while you are right it does a wonderful job of scratch protection, it also made several pieces of my equipment overheat that NEVER overheated before or even got close.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

All I know is my 5G iPod, which was replaced after my first one had a HD failure, is now a DISASTER. I have used it about the same as the first one, yet there are marks everywhere. I am thinking about getting some of that scratch repair stuff, the stuff they make for glasses. What's weird is the back (the metal) is scratched to hell too...and I can't see what I did to make that happen.

If you mean that stuff they advertise on TV, apparently it's pretty much a scam.

There are some micro abrasives on the market that will take out light scuffing on clear plastic, albeit it slowly and with a lot of elbow grease.

For worse you have to start with heavier cutting stuff (which will make the plastic all but opaque), then work your way through finer and finer cuts. It works, but it's not for the faint-hearted.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Ahh yes. My iMac is going to tip over!
  • Reply 28 of 28
    ptrashptrash Posts: 296member
    Quote:

And then you can watch the PC World video. The iPhone is a tough little guy.

If it does, then I'm thinking maybe the same people who made the Everyready bunny designed it. I can see it now, Takes a licking and keeps on . . . what? schticking maybe? That would be the NYC version.