I want videos for my ipod!

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just bought a new ipod video and want to be able to download tv shows and movies, but the only store they seem to be available on is the US store. Unfortunatly I don't have a US billing address (only Canada and UK) so I can't sign up to the store. Has anyone found a way around this? Because otherwise itunes is completely wank for not even allowing me to buy videos for my video ipod.

Thanks

Also, if itunes is crap, how do I go about getting my own downloaded videos onto my ipod?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Use Handrake to rip a DVD. And don't let any users with 1 or 2 posts come in to tell you to use some other program. You wouldn't do that, would you?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    cato988cato988 Posts: 307member
    handbrake is the only way to go
  • Reply 3 of 5
    There are torrent sites that have shows and movies already ripped. Get the divx codec for quicktime pro. Open them up. Export them in the ipod video option. A lot of shows are already encoded in the format.

You have to find the sites yourself though.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    dentondenton Posts: 725member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alliecfc View Post

I just bought a new ipod video and want to be able to download tv shows and movies, but the only store they seem to be available on is the US store. Unfortunatly I don't have a US billing address (only Canada and UK) so I can't sign up to the store. Has anyone found a way around this? Because otherwise itunes is completely wank for not even allowing me to buy videos for my video ipod.

Thanks

Also, if itunes is crap, how do I go about getting my own downloaded videos onto my ipod?

Another option: if you're down in the US regularly, or have friends or family living there, you can pick up an iTunes Store prepaid card (from Wal-Mart or Target, etc). You will have to register it in the iTS under a new account, but you'll be able to use US cards to access the US store (you paid for the card in US dollars, afterall).
  • Reply 5 of 5