new version of appleworks any time soon?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
i'm getting tired of office x and i don't need all the features, plus i heard that the new update will block users with shady serials (like me) so i'm really hoping that apple releases a fully updated and aquafied release of appleworks soon. it's been a long time since appleworks recieved any sort of meaningful update so it seems like it's due. if apple can release a pretty basic but comprehensive productivity suite with the elegance and functionality that we've seen from their most recent iApps then i'd be in heaven, especially if it was under $50. Is this gonna happen any time soon? common sense would tend to support it, especially since Office is so expensive and the current appleworks is so outdated, there's gotta be demand for it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    robbyrobby Posts: 108member
    dont know about a new version but here's the link for the appleworks usergroup that apple reads .

use can provide feedback for what you wanna see in apple works 7.

<a href="http://www.awug.org/cgi-moses/discussion.pl/wish/"; target="_blank">http://www.awug.org/cgi-moses/discussion.pl/wish/</a>;
  • Reply 2 of 7
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I dream of a kick-ass Appleworks 7 that takes maximum advantage of OS X's GUI and functionality. But does Apple really do much work on Appleworks themselves? I had the impression they kind of farm out that project.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    bogiebogie Posts: 407member
    It is my understanding the new Service update or whatever its called for Office v.X does kill many pirated serials and such.

I hope AppleWorks 7 comes soon and is as good or better than 5. 6 sucks in comparison to 5 and always has, its not as bad as when it came out but its just not as usable or capable. And 5 was much better than Word.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    Still use 5 everyday...runs like a dream.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    so no clue on when 7 comes out?

are they delaying it to keep microsoft developing office for x?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    After this new ad campaign came out I started thinking that maybe they were trying to enhance Appleworks enough that if Office were pulled it wouldn't hurt too bad. Like FULL office compatibility, not the half-assed stuff we've got now and more features (ummm, spell-checking on the fly, anyone??). Hopefully it'll be better than it currently is because I hate office and only have to depend on word right now.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    Perhaps the reason for any delay is because they started from scratch and are building a beautiful cocoa AW 7. I would love to drop office if I could, but until there is an app worthy of it, I wont. So here's to AW7!