The iPhone User Satisfaction Poll

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
You knew it was coming. I wanted to beat Ireland to the punch. Needless to say, don't vote unless you actually have an iPhone.

Please only vote after your phone has been successfully activated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

You knew it was coming. I wanted to beat Ireland to the punch. Needless to say, don't vote unless you actually have an iPhone.

Please only vote after your phone has been successfully activated.

wait, can you add another option? "I love it, but it has some flaws"
  • Reply 2 of 30
    atlasatlas Posts: 90member
    I said "Like It" because everything is perfect, it just that the entire time I was reading online about the iPhone, I got the impression that it was going to be way bigger. I'm happy that it is smaller, so it can fit in my pocket, but mostly dissappointed that it is tinier then expected.
  • Reply 3 of 30
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stevesreed View Post

wait, can you add another option? "I love it, but it has some flaws"

I was thinking the same thing. I would have also added options for; "I don't have one yet", and "I'm not getting one". Amateurs!
  • Reply 4 of 30
    physguyphysguy Posts: 920member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I was thinking the same thing. I would have also added options for; "I don't have one yet", and "I'm not getting one". Amateurs!

Me too
  • Reply 5 of 30
    cato988cato988 Posts: 307member
    I'm on the iphone
  • Reply 6 of 30
    qnp9999qnp9999 Posts: 6member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Atlas

"I said "Like It" because everything is perfect, it just that the entire time I was reading online about the iPhone, I got the impression that it was going to be way bigger. I'm happy that it is smaller, so it can fit in my pocket, but mostly dissappointed that it is tinier then expected."

Totally 100% in agreement... everyone looks at this device as a phone. I want to look at this device as a pocket computer... with abilities to make phone calls. I think a real hit would be 1.5-2x bigger screen real-estate.
  • Reply 7 of 30
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by qnp9999 View Post

Totally 100% in agreement... everyone looks at this device as a phone. I want to look at this device as a pocket computer... with abilities to make phone calls. I think a real hit would be 1.5-2x bigger screen real-estate.

I hate to break it to you, but it is a phone. The idea you can fit it into your pocket is a selling point. Just hold out for the 10" Mac Tablet with Multi-touch, that's what you really want.
  • Reply 8 of 30
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    I tried to keep the poll simple as I fell that is better. My main interest is seeing how many iPhone users are dissatisfied after they get it activated and actually use it. The users who are in activation hell are quite upset, understandably so, but I've not seen many who have it activated and have used it say anything but glowing praise.

I wonder what the poll will say about satisfaction.
  • Reply 9 of 30
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    I bought one yesterday and had no activation issues. Safari has seemingly crashed on me a few times here and at other vB forum websites. I say seemingly because all of a sudden the main screen zooms in.

Anyway, that's not what truly bugs me. The following bug me:

No content management once content has synched to the iPhone. You can't add/edit/delete playlists, songs, pictures, etc. I did some 'quick and dirty' synching thinking I would be able to organize / delete as I wanted. Hopefully more functionality will come in an update.

No drag/drop editing of weather city listings. The order you enter the cities into the Weather widget is the way they stay for all time. I'd like to change the order so my city is first, but I'd have to delete / reenter everything in a specific order. This should be easy to fix though.

No multiple portfolios on the stock widget. I'd like the stock widget to work like the weather widget. This way I could set up multiple portfolios (401k, stock club, personal, study) and flip through them like I flip through multiple weather forecasts.

The iPhone is definitely a cool device. I've probably used it 12 of the last 24 hours so I could test its functionality and get familiar with the software. For the most part I'm totally digging the iPhone.

Fixing the items I listed above would make it better for me. You may have a different wish-list.
  • Reply 10 of 30
    tdnc101tdnc101 Posts: 109member
    I love it. Happy I purchased it, and besides a few flaws (no on-the-go management? safari controls a little wonky at times) it's mobile perfection.

EDIT: To the above poster - 12 times in a day? Man, I haven't been able to tear myself away from this thing (with exception to docking etc).
  • Reply 11 of 30
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I played with one in the store one trivial thing that annoyed me was that if I held it flat and turned to landscape the screen wouldn't rotate over. I guess holding it flat it just doesn't know which way I'm holding it. Maybe I had to hold it upright and then hold it flat?
  • Reply 12 of 30
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

I played with one in the store one trivial thing that annoyed me was that if I held it flat and turned to landscape the screen wouldn't rotate over. I guess holding it flat it just doesn't know which way I'm holding it. Maybe I had to hold it upright and then hold it flat?

Flipping from portrait <--> landscape is pretty laggy sometimes. It's definitely not as instantaneous as shown in the Apple videos.
  • Reply 13 of 30
    Soooo excited to finally have the new iPhone, my husband and I each got one for ourselves. As exisiting AT&T customers, one would have thought it would be simple and quick to activate the the iPhone. It was just that for my husband. Not so for me.

Fromt he same house, same computer, same AT&T account Unfortunately I have been waiting now 7 hours for my activation to go through (and might I add I am still on hold with AT&T for the third time today). My wait time on AT&T is "60 minutes or longer".

I've been checking out my husband's iPhone and it really is pretty cool. I like all the features, but the activation process is ridiculous. How is AT&T not more prepared? If I've been waiting for this iPhone to come out since late last year, then AT&T has certainly had enough time to prepare their systems for the influx of new orders. Even so, how is it such a problem to activate a phone for an existing account?

Like I said, the iPhone is very cool....the network services from AT&T are definitely subpar. Is anyone else experiencing this?
  • Reply 14 of 30
    If anyone else is experieicing this problem, call 877.800.3701 and select option 3, then type in your order number. It worked within minutes! Make sure your iPhone is unplugged from the UPB and your iPhone is powered off. Good luck!
  • Reply 15 of 30
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    If anybody chooses "Hate it, want to send it back", DON'T. Send it directly to me. I will gladly take it off your hands.

At your expense, of course.
  • Reply 16 of 30
    auslanderauslander Posts: 183member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Atlas View Post

I said "Like It" because everything is perfect, it just that the entire time I was reading online about the iPhone, I got the impression that it was going to be way bigger. I'm happy that it is smaller, so it can fit in my pocket, but mostly dissappointed that it is tinier then expected.

That's funny. I finally had a chance to mess around with one yesterday, and I thought it was quite a bit bigger than I'd expected.

Perhaps I'm so used to my Nano...

• Reply 17 of 30
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

Yes, you would need to hold it upright. It cannot determine it's orientation if it is flat on a table.
  • Reply 18 of 30
    A couple pet peeves of mine are that the iPhone doesn't have

1. iChat or similar.

2. Video recording

3. The weather icon only displays "73deg" rather than current temperature.

4. Can't zoom on the camera

5. Flash on the camera

6. I think it should have atleast 20GB

7. When talking on the phone I can barely hear the other person, its simply not loud enough during a call.

I'm sure plenty of you feel the same.
  • Reply 19 of 30
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post

A couple pet peeves of mine are that the iPhone doesn't have

3. The weather icon only displays "73deg" rather than current temperature.

Current temperature of which city? I have 8 right now. (I'm going to Europe soon)

Quote:

7. When talking on the phone I can barely hear the other person, its simply not loud enough during a call.

This may be a stupid question, but did you turn up the volume? My concern is that on the handset sounds muffled.
  • Reply 20 of 30
    Quote:

Couldn't agree more. I can hardly hear the person on the other end when I hold the phone to my ear. With earbuds it is much easier to hear a call.

The other thing that annoys me is that the ringer is MUCH too quiet. I've missed several calls because I never heard the ring. I use what I think is the loudest ringer (old telephone) and I still miss calls.

Anyone else have this problem?