Rev B iPhone must have ...

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I think I'm committed to waiting for the Rev B or C iPhone. Maybe I'll wait a year. I want iPhone for a computer not a phone.

What must the Rev B iPhone have?

GPS?

G3 network?

PDF Viewer?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    vibration feature that simultaneously plays "sexual healing" through the built-in speaker.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

I think I'm committed to waiting for the Rev B or C iPhone. Maybe I'll wait a year. I want iPhone for a computer not a phone.

What must the Rev B iPhone have?

GPS?

G3 network?

PDF Viewer?

The 1st generation iPhone currently has a PDF viewer and EDGE is technically a G3 network (albeit a slow one, but good enough for my standards on the road).

I personally would like to see 2G iPhones to have:

1. voice dialing (built into phone, not a service charge through AT&T)

2. GPS

3. User replaceable battery

4. Longer battery life
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by southerndoc View Post

The 1st generation iPhone currently has a PDF viewer and EDGE is technically a G3 network (albeit a slow one, but good enough for my standards on the road).

I personally would like to see 2G iPhones to have:

1. voice dialing (built into phone, not a service charge through AT&T)

2. GPS

3. User replaceable battery

4. Longer battery life

I really don't get the draw that everyone has to GPS. It will lay waste to the battery in no time, as it does when it is used on any other cell phone. My Sprint RAZR has it and runs through the extended battery pack in under an hour when it is used. Voice dialing is something that can be added via software, and unless you want a thicker, heavier phone, battery life can only be improved with software changes as well. The only thing I can think of is a user replaceable battery.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    timontimon Posts: 152member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by infinitespecter View Post

I really don't get the draw that everyone has to GPS. It will lay waste to the battery in no time, as it does when it is used on any other cell phone.

I would rather see the iPhone connect to a GPS receiver using bluetooth. There are several out there such as the Garmin Mobile 10. The other item required would be a car mount for the iPhone. Combine those with some good routing software, i.e., Google Maps, and you should have one heck of a Car GPS. I'd buy one in a heart beat.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Timon View Post

I would rather see the iPhone connect to a GPS receiver using bluetooth. There are several out there such as the Garmin Mobile 10. The other item required would be a car mount for the iPhone. Combine those with some good routing software, i.e., Google Maps, and you should have one heck of a Car GPS. I'd buy one in a heart beat.

Agreed. I can't believe I forgot to mention this though: The Headphone jack. It's HORRIBLE. I can't even use half the headphones I own with this. The aux cable I have for my car won't work either. Whoever decided to recess the jack that far into the case needs to be horse whipped.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Um... half the headphones you own? Just how many do you own?

Sebastian

Half a dozen that I've collected over the past few years.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    I want final cut pro & photoshop cs4 to run flawlessly on it.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    30+ GB drive to replace iPod

faster 'N' wifi or wimax

faster data networking

once it hits any 2 of the above, i'm buying.

nice to have:

GPS

Bluetooth connection for wifi sharing with laptop

better headphone connector

video out support
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by danielandrews View Post

I want final cut pro & photoshop cs4 to run flawlessly on it.

I'm guessing that is a joke.

But I was thinking it would be great if in a few years apple was able to release the true Video iPhone that had a firewire port that could be hooked up to a camera so you could log and capture from the camera on the fly. That would save a shit load of time when it comes to logging and capturing. Of course it would need a huge hard drive.

Maybe even have a very minimized version of FCP that did simple editing when turned sideways like cover flow. So you could capture and edit on the road and get home and have it mostly done and only use your desktop or laptop for cleaning it up and adding effects.

But something like that would easily be worth a $1-2k price tag. 3-5 years I see it as a very possible reality. Only I don't know if it would be able to be HD. Hopefully, but I don't know. Maybe it can capture and log in a highly compressed format, but keep the timecode and tape information so that when you have a desktop you can just batch capture only the footage you actually need.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    No votes for Video or iChatAV mobile?

I want GPS because you don't always know where you are. Sometimes your lost. Also I'd guess that entering the starting point for your google maps directions will get tedious.

If you have good GPS you could remake Nike+iPod leaving out the Nike. Oh and use it with your bike instead.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    eeeeeeeeee Posts: 2member
    I just want to be able to use a song from my playlist as my alarm clock.

Thats all i ask.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    meh 2meh 2 Posts: 149member
    How about what Diggs originally reported as being "in the know" - 2 supposed batteries. However, one battery would let you maintain system energy while swapping main Li-ion polymer battery.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    IPhone 2.0 Must have:

1. 30GB of drive space.

2. Bluetooth’s Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) for streaming music to your Bluetooth headphones. (why this is missing now is puzzling me beyond belief.)

3. 3G network of course, but it would probably have to fallback on another system like EDGE anyway.

4. iChat, MMS, and some other software updates that we will probably see with the 1.0 version anyway.

5. a removable battery.

But I would also like to see a real video voicemail service. One that you can send iChat video mail to a service like Dot.Mac, and retrieve it from there. That is if it's too hard, or taxing to send video to the phone for a mobile carrier.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Q3 iPhones:

iPhone 4GB

Same as current 4GB

3G & Less recessed headphone connector

$349

iPhone 8GB

Same as current 8GB

$449

iPhone 16GB

16GB Storage

GPS & faster N wireless

.6 inches (15.2mm) thick to account for a larger battery

$599

These are besides all the software improvements it will accumulate. I see apple keeping lower capacity iPhones and just lowering the price to make room for a new high end. Next cycle, for example, the 4GB will be dropped and a 32GB will be added to the top.