Verizon to prospective iPhone buyers: 'Stay near a plug'

12346»

Comments

  • Reply 101 of 110
    tepaketepake Posts: 1member
    That's fine, Verizon. Now, AT&T, how about giving me a reason FOR buying an iPhone.



    Terry
  • Reply 102 of 110
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,397member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post


    "The iPhone battery can't be removed or swapped for a spare."



    I wish Apple would start making iPods with batteries that can be easily removed/replaced. This is a valid point in my opinion.



    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post


    "No over-the-air downloads. You have to connect to a PC to load music."



    I thought you could go to iTunes on those other AT&T phones and would have thought you could go to iTunes with the iPhone.
  • Reply 103 of 110
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post


    I thought you could go to iTunes on those other AT&T phones and would have thought you could go to iTunes with the iPhone.



    You don't go through iTunes. You go through AT&T.
  • Reply 104 of 110
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt View Post


    I thought you could go to iTunes on those other AT&T phones and would have thought you could go to iTunes with the iPhone.



    I have not heard of any phone being able to buy from iTunes. The previous Motorola phones, the ROKR and some SLVR and some RAZR models had iTunes software player, but you couldn't buy from iTunes "on the go" with them.
  • Reply 105 of 110
    sammicksammick Posts: 416member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tepake View Post


    That's fine, Verizon. Now, AT&T, how about giving me a reason FOR buying an iPhone.



    Terry



    My reason for not even looking at the iPhone WAS ATT--I am happy with the Verizon network and was concerned with ATT (old Cingular) which is known to be spotty--



    If the service area has been improved--I would give the iPhone another look--any comments regarding ability to make phone calls in New York or Seattle---
  • Reply 106 of 110
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sammick View Post


    My reason for not even looking at the iPhone WAS ATT--I am happy with the Verizon network and was concerned with ATT (old Cingular) which is known to be spotty--



    If the sevice area has been improved--I would give the iPhone another look--any comments regarding ability to make phone calls in New York or Seattle---



    So far, it's been great in NYC - to my surprise. No problems; though I have found EDGE to be variable -- a little faster than I had anticipated it could be when I've been in some neighborhoods, but pretty slow in other areas (though it hasn't dropped completely anywhere).



    I'll be in Seattle in about two weeks and get to find out how that goes.
  • Reply 107 of 110
    On calling to cancel my account because I bought an iPhone, I was told by "account preservation' that LG was suing Apple over the iPhone because they had the design first and apple stole it from them. And that Verizon would be getting that new LG phone soon.



    LOL
  • Reply 108 of 110
    well verizon sounds pretty damn scared. Ive herd them claim that they have many phones very similar to the iphone. lmao, have they ever used one? Iphone does have ringtones and come a day or too it will have a WiFi store where it CAN download music, movies, and tv shows strait to the phone. When WiFi is not intact their is always EDGE although its slow it gets the job done. Verizon is just scared and sorry that they dont have the Iphone.
  • Reply 109 of 110
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reeve76 View Post


    well verizon sounds pretty damn scared. Ive herd them claim that they have many phones very similar to the iphone. lmao, have they ever used one? Iphone does have ringtones and come a day or too it will have a WiFi store where it CAN download music, movies, and tv shows strait to the phone. When WiFi is not intact their is always EDGE although its slow it gets the job done. Verizon is just scared and sorry that they dont have the Iphone.



    Apple has announced that later this week they will be updating the iPhone software to include the iTunes WiFi Music store, so for music, at least, that day has come.



    And given that the iPhone's battery life has proven to be excellent, two of Verizon's big talking points prove to be bogus.
  • Reply 110 of 110
    "iphone will be released in June"

    Translation: the very last weekday in june



    "more details about the early adopter refund coming next week"

    Translation: check back at 4 pm next friday



    "iphone updates are coming next week"

    Translation: see above



    "Leopard will be released in October"

    Translation: you can order a copy on halloween.



    "a neutral stance on 3rd party iphone software"

    Translation: you are blacklisted and your warranty is void.



    "some 3rd party apps might cause your iphone to malfunction"

    Translation: our new software update will include one new feature and thirty ways to ruin phones using jailbreak.



    "a great new fefature: ringtones!"

    Translation: give us ANOTHER dollar for a song you've already bought and in ADDITION to playing it whenever you want, wherever you are, we'll let you play it when your phone rings!
Sign In or Register to comment.