ProTools for X by Fall. Confirmed. hehe

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    I believe that Digidesign is really focusing on having as much as possible compatible with ProTools X. I strongly doubt they want to leave anyone behind in the shift to the new software.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    I work at a training facility for audio and video NLE. Our Pro Tools guy writes the training manuals that all of the Digidesign Certified Training Centers use for their classes. He concurred that we'll see PT on OS X by year's end and the DIGI 001 WILL BE SUPPORTED UNDER OS X. Though he gets his info on a need-to-know basis from Digi while he's writing new training manuals, he is pretty up to date because he just finished the NEW classes that Digi is now offering for the HD line.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    Yeah i was positive Digi would be supported. I'm interested to see if they continue on with LE / 24 / 24mix systems. For instance am i going to update to ProTools LE X, or some other labeled ProTools X system for my digi system?
  • Reply 24 of 30
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    REASON 2 IS OFF THE HOOK! WHO NEEDS PRO TOOLS!!
  • Reply 25 of 30
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,437member
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>REASON 2 IS OFF THE HOOK! WHO NEEDS PRO TOOLS!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

How'd you get Reason 2 so fast?
  • Reply 26 of 30
    It's shipping. Check out their site.
  • Reply 27 of 30
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>REASON 2 IS OFF THE HOOK! WHO NEEDS PRO TOOLS!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Because ProTools is vastly superior as well as the industry standard. How often do you see reason in a big budget digital recording studio. Oh wait, you dont. Or i havent in any of my work around the studios in new york and miami.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,437member
    [quote]Originally posted by WishIwasBlack:

<strong>

Because ProTools is vastly superior as well as the industry standard. How often do you see reason in a big budget digital recording studio. Oh wait, you dont. Or i havent in any of my work around the studios in new york and miami.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Tru Dat

But I downloaded Reason 2.0 Demo and it is pretty nice. I think it give people the experience they need to chain effects and instruments together. I think I may just have to purchase.
  • Reply 29 of 30
    sizzle chestsizzle chest Posts: 1,133member
    In what way is Reason similar to Pro Tools? One of them is a "virtual studio" and the other one is a multi-track recorder/editor. Nothing against Reason, but it's not a replacement for Pro Tools. It's like saying "Who needs a tape recorder when you've got a guitar?"
  • Reply 30 of 30
    Haha I was joking. I'm impressed by this. I've never done this stuff until now and this is the perfect app to get started with it seems. I'm actually figuring out how to do things with it.