Medal of Honor Allied Assault

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Anyone know much about this game?

I have Wolfenstein now, love it. I was wondering how similar Medal of Honor Allied Assault is to Wolfenstein. Since they are both WW II genre games, I am wondering if I should even spend the money on it or not.

Is it a first-person-shooter?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    Personally I can tell you that MOHAA is one amazing game. And long too. The multiplayer is very strategic as are the solo missions. I speak of this from the PC version though. I have not yet played the Mac version, but I don't know why they would stray from the winner they had. I will definately be getting this one soon! :cool:
  • Reply 2 of 9
    squashsquash Posts: 332member
    It's better in single player mode than RTCW. I play RTCW all the time, but plan on getting medal of Honor for single player.

I've heard the single player is way better than RTCW, which says a lot to me!!!!
  • Reply 3 of 9
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I preordered from Amazon because it was listed at $40 instead of $50...still hasn't shipped.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    Can somebody confirm that it is a FPS style game?

Also, will it be ported to XBox this summer (I heard a rumor thst it was)?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    warpdwarpd Posts: 204member
    I can! It is a really good FPS based on the Quake III engine. The AI is quite advenced, with enemy soldiers shooting around walls and the like! One level is the famous storming of Omaha beach, and it looks and feels exactly like "saving private ryan". The single player game is light years ahead of wolfenstein. REALLY FUN GAME!!
  • Reply 6 of 9
    warpdwarpd Posts: 204member
    Also, a version just came out for the PS2 called Allied Assault Frontline. It is not the exact same game, but takes place in Operation Market Garden (A bloody mess!!) It looks really good too. An Xbox version is in the works, I am not sure whether that is "Allied Assault" or "Frontline"
  • Reply 7 of 9
    nickg4nickg4 Posts: 6member
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>I preordered from Amazon because it was listed at $40 instead of $50...still hasn't shipped. </strong><hr></blockquote>

I did the same thing but canceled my order from amazon and went to <a href="http://www.gogamer.com"; target="_blank">www.gogamer.com</a> and ordered it they have it in stock as of monday for $42.90. It shiped out today on fedex 2 day. :cool:
  • Reply 8 of 9
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    My total for Amazon was $48. GoGamer adds CA sales tax and $6 for shipping, so it ends up being more.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    dstranathandstranathan Posts: 1,717member
    OK, I ordered it. I will have it in 2 days.

Does MOH: AA contain a multiplayer option or is it just single-player?

Wolf is pretty fun for multi-player! I love the Market Garden and Mitchell Down maps!