is the 4GB enough?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Their is a big chance that im getting my iphone tommorow however, im not sure on which one to buy. Is the 4GB enough memory for someone who only has about 250 songs and 3 movies. Also if their is Tv shows on my itunes that i dont want put on my iphone is their anyway in which i can not put them on it. If anyone owns a 4GB are you happy with it or do you wish you bought the 8GB?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I already have a 60 gig iPod I use for my music, so I wasn't planning on this being my primary music device. I have started using my iPhone mostly for podcasts for driving to work, and it's doing great for that. I really don't wish I'd bought the 8gig personally.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    IMO 8GB isn't even enough. I want 32GB, 3G with data pack and no contract - LOL, like that's gonna happen any time soon.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I bought the 4GB only because I don't need my entire library on a phone. The 8GB couldn't come close to holding my library so I couldn't find a real reason to spend extra money on something I'd need to sync anyway.

If you don't mind syncing, the 4GB should be sufficient.

I use my music on the iPhone sparringly, so there's no real point to have 15 hours of continuous music. The same goes for movies and television shows.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    filburtfilburt Posts: 398member
    I have the 4 GB iPhone. I use mine as a phone, PIM, and Internet device, with few videos for taking the train to the office. For that, 4 GB is plenty.

FYI, I also have the 30 GB iPod video (5th gen) with 15-20 GB worth of music and video at the office.

If you are planning on using iPhone as the only "iPod" or intend to shoot many pictures with it, then 8 GB makes more sense. That said, I personally cannot justify (at least in principle) spending $100 for 4 GB more, when 8 GB iPod nano costs $50 more than 4 GB iPod nano.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    dudditsduddits Posts: 260member
    8 gigs.

Movies and TV shows fill that sucker up.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

IMO 8GB isn't even enough..

I agree... I was hoping they'd just tack on a zero to the end of their current configs... I mean how hard is it to add a zero...
  • Reply 7 of 7
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    If the 6G ipod basically is an iphone without phone like people predict, it'll only be a few months before it drops. If you plan on getting one because it'll obviously be 30+ gigs then get the 4gb iphone. If the iphone is the be all and end all of ipods to you and will be your sole one then 100 bucks to double the space is worth it.