Bittorrent on iPhone?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
Anyone hear of any web apps that would have this function? Or is it completely impossible?

Who else thinks this is a good idea?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    karl kuehnkarl kuehn Posts: 756member
    You can't download files to the iPhone, so I think idea is probably killed by that right there. But you could in theory use one of the BitTorrent clients that have a web interface and run it on your computer, then connect to the Web inteface to controll it. But the files would not be on your iPhone.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    thininethinine Posts: 71member
    Actually using BT on the iPhone would be stupid, given the bandwidth and latency problems it has with the mobile network.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,075member
    You can download movies via bittorrent to your computer, convert them to mp4 with MediaFork, put them in iTunes and sync them to the iPhone...

You can hardly store anything on the iPhone anyway with 8gb, so storage on your computer is the way to go.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    tkellytkelly Posts: 50member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Karl Kuehn View Post

You can't download files to the iPhone, so I think idea is probably killed by that right there. But you could in theory use one of the BitTorrent clients that have a web interface and run it on your computer, then connect to the Web inteface to controll it. But the files would not be on your iPhone.

This is more of what I mean. It would download them to your computer, but give you full access to it and show you the upload rate, etc. Maybe even download torrents on the iPhone and have it download on your computer?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I thought the first, and second response answered your question pretty well. THe app you describe is pretty far fetched. Try it from another computer before trying it with a phone.