Looking for headphone adapter for iPhone

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I just bought a new set of headphones (Sony MDR-EX51LP) a couple months ago. I got a pair for both me and my fiancee. We use them on our current iPod's but I was looking forward to using them on the iPhone and like most if not all others they don't fit in the headphone jack since the headphone jack is too far in and the phone is curved.

I know the iPhone came with earbuds but I don't like that style since they don't stay in my ear well. I prefer something more like the ones I bought. I'd like a pair of earbuds that have the mic though. That's something I may look into down the line but

My question is, is there a set of 3rd party earbuds with mic that is out at this time or planned?

Is there an adapter even that I could plug my current headphones into and then plug into the iPhone?

I know it's not stereo but if I get a bluetooth headset can I play the iPhone music over that?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I got one at the Apple Store, made by belkin $9.99.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    It seems to me that such an adaptor would be of limited use since you would have no way to answer the phone without a lot of hassle. Consider using the included earbuds. They get a much worse wrap than they deserve. The sound quality of the voice to the other person is excellent. I suggest using them until third parties start making proper headsets for use with a phone.

The lack of such headsets shows what an abysmal failure music phones have been up until now. The iPhone is the first music phone that doesn't suck. A whole new industry is about to emerge. Give it a little time.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac Voyer View Post

It seems to me that such an adaptor would be of limited use since you would have no way to answer the phone without a lot of hassle. Consider using the included earbuds. They get a much worse wrap than they deserve. The sound quality of the voice to the other person is excellent. I suggest using them until third parties start making proper headsets for use with a phone.

The lack of such headsets shows what an abysmal failure music phones have been up until now. The iPhone is the first music phone that doesn't suck. A whole new industry is about to emerge. Give it a little time.

My problem with the original earphones is not in sound quality, it is with the fact that they keep falling out of my ears. I like the in-ear buds much better.

And yes, I would miss the button that lets you answer calls/pause music.