Movies into iTunes

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have movies on a external hard drive (FAT32 format) that are WMV format. I am getting a Macbook and was wondering what I need to convert these so I can watch them on my Macbook.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by andymac85 View Post

I have movies on a external hard drive (FAT32 format) that are WMV format. I am getting a Macbook and was wondering what I need to convert these so I can watch them on my Macbook.

you can try Video Converter for Mac
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by andymac85 View Post

Flip4Mac can play some of the WMV files, also VLC has rudimentary support for WMV files. OSX can read fat drives with no problems, so in best case you don't have to do anything but mount your disk or access it thorough network to get them working. Converting them for iTunes compatible is completely unnecessary, just watch them with VLC or Quicktime.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    The only reason they would NEED to be iTunes compatible would be if you wish to pu them on an iPod... In which case you would need to re-code them as .mp4 or .mov using h.264.