Weird Final Cut Pro Problem.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey,

I just installed Final Cut Studio 2 Academic, and after it finished installing, I opened up Final Cut Pro, and it unexpectedly quit while loading stuff. I looked in the crash log, and it said:

PID: 307

Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Symbol not found: __ZN6aecore4CSTREPKc

Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/Compressor.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageProcessing.framework/Versions/A/ImageProcessing

Expected in: /Library/Frameworks/AECore.framework/Versions/A/AECore

So I took ImageProcessing, from the first path, and put it in the "A" folder along with the AECore file. The program then opened. I put ImageProcessing back, and the program would then quit again.

So I kept ImageProcessing at the end of the second path. Then I noticed that the computer had created a new ImageProcessing file in the original path, but there were still both files in the second path. I trashed the ImageProcessing that I had dropped in the second path, and the program still opens now.

Should I be worrying about anything? Or was this just some bizarre quirk?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by thehellgate911 View Post

Hey,

I just installed Final Cut Studio 2 Academic, and after it finished installing, I opened up Final Cut Pro, and it unexpectedly quit while loading stuff. I looked in the crash log, and it said:

PID: 307

Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Symbol not found: __ZN6aecore4CSTREPKc

Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/Compressor.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageProcessing.framework/Versions/A/ImageProcessing

Expected in: /Library/Frameworks/AECore.framework/Versions/A/AECore

So I took ImageProcessing, from the first path, and put it in the "A" folder along with the AECore file. The program then opened. I put ImageProcessing back, and the program would then quit again.

So I kept ImageProcessing at the end of the second path. Then I noticed that the computer had created a new ImageProcessing file in the original path, but there were still both files in the second path. I trashed the ImageProcessing that I had dropped in the second path, and the program still opens now.

Should I be worrying about anything? Or was this just some bizarre quirk?

Thanks.

The ImageProcessing document in the first path was trying to access the AECore file but was reaching an error. Since you moved it, it didn't try to access it. However, this may not mean it's fixed.

I don't know if AECore is just for After Effects stuff though because Final Cut can run some older AE plugins so it might not matter. It might be an idea to check to see if compressor still works - file > export > compressor.

If you open the ImageProcessing file in Textedit, is it an empty file?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

The ImageProcessing document in the first path was trying to access the AECore file but was reaching an error. Since you moved it, it didn't try to access it. However, this may not mean it's fixed.

I don't know if AECore is just for After Effects stuff though because Final Cut can run some older AE plugins so it might not matter. It might be an idea to check to see if compressor still works - file > export > compressor.

If you open the ImageProcessing file in Textedit, is it an empty file?

Compressor works just fine. All the programs are updated to their x.0.1 updates, and everything is working fine. And, like I said, the computer automatically created a NEW ImageProcessing file in the original path, and I removed the one that I added in the AECore path. Now, everything LOOKS the way it did at the beginning, and the programs open. Do you think that Final Cut Pro just replaced the bad ImageProcessing file with a new one, when I removed the bad one? Cause that's what it looks like.

Oh, and the very first time I opened Final Cut Pro, it loaded that RT Extreme thing, and it doesn't do that on subsequent opens. Is that normal?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Quote:

Compressor works just fine. All the programs are updated to their x.0.1 updates, and everything is working fine.

If it looks like everything works ok, there's probably nothing to worry about. Even if something is broken, if it's not part of your workflow then you can ignore it.

Quote:

And, like I said, the computer automatically created a NEW ImageProcessing file in the original path, and I removed the one that I added in the AECore path.

Sure but it could be an empty file. If it's the same size as before then maybe Final Cut has a repair mechanism similar to Adobe CS.

Quote:

Oh, and the very first time I opened Final Cut Pro, it loaded that RT Extreme thing, and it doesn't do that on subsequent opens. Is that normal?

I can't remember exactly but I don't think I've seen RT Extreme mentioned while loading Final Cut. I could be wrong, I don't pay much attention to the loading panel. If it was a popup or something then it definitely doesn't appear after the first launch.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

If it looks like everything works ok, there's probably nothing to worry about. Even if something is broken, if it's not part of your workflow then you can ignore it.

Sure but it could be an empty file. If it's the same size as before then maybe Final Cut has a repair mechanism similar to Adobe CS.

I can't remember exactly but I don't think I've seen RT Extreme mentioned while loading Final Cut. I could be wrong, I don't pay much attention to the loading panel. If it was a popup or something then it definitely doesn't appear after the first launch.

Oh okay. Well, no, it's not a pop-up, it's just something it says on the loading window. And also, when it says "Loading Video Effects", it just says "MotionPatch", and I remember in the past it would show the names of many other effects. However, all the effects show up in the program, so it's probably nothing as well.

And, the ImageProcessing file that FCS created is a 956kb Unix Executable File, so I think it did fix it.

Thanks!