Guess the date for next-gen iMac

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
What date do you think the next-gen iMac will be announced?

Personally, I don't think the new iMacs will come in July. I don't think they will announce it before earnings on Wednesday, July 25th. As you know the earnings report is in the afternoon. Apple likes to announce new products on Tuesday or Wednesday mornings. So I would say that a special event to announce the new iMacs will be on Wednesday, August 1st. I think it will come bundled with the new iLife suite, which will also be demonstrated at the special event.

What's your date?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 72
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHagan4755 View Post

What date do you think the next-gen iMac will be announced?

Personally, I don't think the new iMacs will come in July. I don't think they will announce it before earnings on Wednesday, July 25th. As you know the earnings report is in the afternoon. Apple likes to announce new products on Tuesday or Wednesday mornings. So I would say that a special event to announce the new iMacs will be on Wednesday, August 1st. I think it will come bundled with the new iLife suite, which will also be demonstrated at the special event.

What's your date?

July 24th Tuesday, my guess after intel announces another round CPU price cut on Jul 22nd.
  • Reply 2 of 72
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    August 28th.
  • Reply 3 of 72
  • Reply 4 of 72
    anytime between mon 23/7 to friday 3/8. Retailers stock is very low to non existant now, amazon listing availability as 1-3 weeks on all models and mac warehouse completely out of stock.
  • Reply 5 of 72
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by superlatic_uk View Post

anytime between mon 23/7 to friday 3/8. Retailers stock is very low to non existant now, amazon listing availability as 1-3 weeks on all models and mac warehouse completely out of stock.

If it is going to be in July, they had better start handing out those invites soon though...
  • Reply 6 of 72
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by G_Warren View Post

If it is going to be in July, they had better start handing out those invites soon though...

to what??

they dont necessarily have to launch the new imac using a special event do they?

week commencing 30th jul going into 1st august seems likely, but as i said re the stock of current imacs at retailers at the mo, very very much doubt it will eb much longer
  • Reply 7 of 72
    Quote:

What's your date?

Tuesday July 31st.
  • Reply 8 of 72
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,324moderator
    Tomorrow with respect to the day this comment is viewed until the day of release and thereafter.

^ quote from a PiperJaffrey analyst.

I really hope we get something this month. 300+ days is ridiculous to wait for an update. The updates better be coming thick and fast real soon or I'll have to just sit here and be really miffed about it.
  • Reply 9 of 72
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Over a month after it should have been released.
  • Reply 10 of 72
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

Over a month after it should have been released.

Amen, bro.
  • Reply 11 of 72
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

What's your date?

It does not matter for me anymore. I spent much lately elsewhere.
  • Reply 12 of 72
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

It does not matter for me anymore. I spent much lately elsewhere.

Bummer man
  • Reply 13 of 72
    mystmyst Posts: 112member
    There are so many "New iMac" threads I didn't know where to post this, but since it has to do with the date of the release, I chose here.

I came across this when browsing the news today:

http://www.electronista.com/articles...2.extreme.cpu/

A Merom processor "Extreme" capable of going to 3.0GHz due to arrive by the end of July. This made me think of the iMac as it would likely be too hot for the thin MBP. It could be especially good because Apple has needed a cooler desktop level chip and have yet to get the iMac to that level as there haven't been "Extreme" Merom Core 2 Duos before.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking that Apple will snatch up a processor of this caliber, but it truly is the first in it's class to reach these performance advantages.
  • Reply 14 of 72
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say Tuesday.
  • Reply 15 of 72
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Tuesday.

We're going to hold you to that.
  • Reply 16 of 72
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Myst

A Merom processor "Extreme" capable of going to 3.0GHz due to arrive by the end of July.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking that Apple will snatch up a processor of this caliber, but it truly is the first in it's class to reach these performance advantages.

That processor is 2.6GHz, it could possibly by chosen for the top end 24" iMac.
  • Reply 17 of 72
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Myst View Post

A Merom processor "Extreme" capable of going to 3.0GHz due to arrive by the end of July. This made me think of the iMac as it would likely be too hot for the thin MBP.

If you hear "Extreme" think about price. This is not for the iMac.
  • Reply 18 of 72
    wel now the apple stores across europe are showing shipping time at up to 4 days for the stock 24" imacs.

also, last september apple launched the new imacs on a special event on sept 12th, invites sent out 1 week before on sept 5th,

so july launch still a distinct possibility

im hoping for tues jul 24th, but thinking tues july 31st
  • Reply 19 of 72
    Actually, the iMac was not launched at that special event - it only brought new models of all the iPods and a demo of "iTV." The updated iMac showed up on the site a week earlier with no event to introduce it.
  • Reply 20 of 72
    jonnyboyjonnyboy Posts: 525member
    this thread should be a poll!