Apple iMac makeover appears ripe for summer, says firm

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    aisiaisi Posts: 134member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sworthy View Post

They are refering to a 12-month time frame. Although, they revise it so often it hardly matters!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I think the time frame is within the next few minutes, at least that is the target anyway so they can make lots of money.

In 2007 Piper Jaffray's 12-month AAPL price target has been revised every quarter or so.
    • June 7, 2007: Target $160, "outperform" rating (AAPL trading at $125)

• April 26, 2007: Target $140, "outperform" rating (AAPL trading at $102.67)

• Jan. 18, 2007: Target $124, "outperform" rating (AAPL trading at $93.16)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

Wow. Just wow. Of course it's going to happen sometime in the coming months. Any single person on these forums could have told us that. What we want to know is what week, what day, and possibly what exact time.

Why the hate? The iMac revision is coming, that's exactly what Munster is supposed to explain to Piper Jaffray's clients, because said clients don't spend their time reading rumor sites, doing channel checks, sales estimates and earnings per share projections, etc. You already knew about the iMac, he's only stating the obvious, but Munster's note is not addressed to you. Yet you can read it for free on AI.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

My quotes as referenced are taken from the SEC FInal Rules on Regulation Analyst Certification as put into law, i.e., On February 20, 2003, the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) adopted Regulation Analyst Certification (“Regulation AC”) under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (the

“Exchange Act”). See SEC Release No. 33-8193 (http://www.sec.gov/rules/final/33-8193.htm).

Are you calling me a liar?

Touchy, are we?

No, I'm saying that there is much more about that than what you posted.

And if you're so sensitive, then it doesn't pay to keep this line open.
  • Reply 43 of 46
    kukitokukito Posts: 113member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post

Are you calling me a liar?

Abster2core, don't you realize that melgross is never, ever wrong? To argue against him is futile because he is the source of all knowledge and wisdom in the universe.
  • Reply 44 of 46
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AISI View Post

Why the hate?

Because he's getting paid a LOT to state the obvious. I do realize that his job is probably much more difficult on most occasions and I wouldn't be able to do it myself. I guess I'm a little touchy now that it's so close to the release date. I am personally not getting one, but my best friend is, so I want to see it and be able to use one soon. Especially since it *will* have a new design and new keyboard which I want to try out.
  • Reply 45 of 46
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kukito View Post

Abster2core, don't you realize that melgross is never, ever wrong? To argue against him is futile because he is the source of all knowledge and wisdom in the universe.

Thank you for the support.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Nice thread.