new MachO built of mozilla

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
The new built of the MachO built is extremely fast, both rendering pages and the gui. It just feels really good.

Can anyone tell me how I can import my old bookmarks into this browser??

<a href="http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly/latest/"; target="_blank">http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly/latest/</a>;

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    Save yourself the trouble and get <a href="ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/chimera/nightly/latest-trunk/"; target="_blank">Chimera</a>

[ 06-23-2002: Message edited by: DanMacMan ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I'm already using Chimera, but this latest version of MachO just feels faster and has more features!
  • Reply 3 of 9
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    How does MachO compare to the normal carbon build of mozilla? Is it a lot faster? More stable? More Compliant? Less Compliant?

I'm running it now and I can't see any difference.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    MachO is a definite bit faster because the older CFM builds have an another layer that every OS-level function call has to go through. Also, MachO takes advantage of the UNIX underpinnings to establish network connections faster. Furthermore, MachO has lower memory demands.

On the whole, it's just a much more efficient app.

The only problems on the surface, though, are that the file picker and most of the keyboard shortcuts are broken.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    The really nice thing about MachO is the GUI. Gone is the slugginess of Mozilla - it feels very responsive.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Can't import my old bookmarks and no key commands work. A little extra smoothness is not worth this.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by Outsider:

<strong>Can't import my old bookmarks and no key commands work.</strong><hr></blockquote>Chimera will import bookmarks. Key commands work with Chimera.

Maybe you should try Chimera if you don't like the vanilla Mach-O Mozilla.

[ 06-24-2002: Message edited by: starfleetX ]</p>
  • Reply 8 of 9
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    Plug-in support..?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by frawgz:

<strong>Plug-in support..?</strong><hr></blockquote>Chimera has pretty good plug-in support. QuickTime works. Flash works.

The vanilla Mach-O builds are another story, though. They have no plugin support yet.