Apple Care: Iphone software update coming in the next week or two

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
This came from Apple's Iphone Apple Care support, so take it with a grain of salt:

I called in to complain that my battery wasn't holding a charge very well. Even after charging it overnight, it still did not show the full battery charge. The Settings > About still showed the last full charge was days ago, even tho it sat on the charger overnight for 8 hours.

I called Apple, ended up with IPhone apple care. I was hoping it was a known hardware issue, and that they would happily swap it out, but the girl said it was a known "software" issue, and that there will be a software fix through Itunes in the next week or two.

I didn't see a post about this, and even though it's my first post, this is what I was told. (She also said I could send it in for a 29$ repair, and after telling her she just told me the battery life was a software issue and a fix wouldn't be out for a week, she said they could do "something". huh?)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I have notice the same thing with my iphone but only when I try to charge it with the wall charger. Have u tried getting a full charge from your dock or just connected to your computer? I just assumed that the wall charger may not have a automatice shut off and the software prevents it from being fully charged.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    riptideriptide Posts: 57member
    The iPhone battery charges fully; it just does not display the fact that it is fully charged. Not a battery issue but a software display issue that should be resolved along with others soon...hopefully..
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Yeah I am experiencing the same problem as well.

device patch exercises pills health proactol review skincare anti-aging
  • Reply 4 of 4