Sources: Apple set to grow iPhone family pre-holidays

Comments

• Reply 61 of 125
    mwclaremwclare Posts: 13member
    This is what I've heard. Can't reveal sources. A new iPhone will debut on October 30th. It will be dubbed the iPhone Nano. It will come in two varieties, a 2GB for $249 and a 4GB for $299. Both of the phones will simply be cell phones and iPods meaning you will not be able to access the internet using EDGE or Wi Fi. So, no Google Maps, no YouTube, not even the weather. You will be able to do SMS messaging. There will also be a 2 Megapixel camera similar to the current iPhone camera. The iPhone Nano will also be exclusive to ATT and it will incorporate visual voicemail.

The size of the phone will be thinner and shorter than the current iPhone sporting a 2 1/2 inch widescreen display versus a 3 1/2 inch widescreen display. It will have a touch sensitive display just as the current iPhone has. The whole click-wheel phone patent is a defensive patent meant to throw off speculation. I've tried my best to create a mockup of the iPhone Nano based on what I've seen that is at the link below. Sorry, but that's all I can say.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10286393@N06/855107464/
  • Reply 62 of 125
    Forgot to add that text messaging will be done only when turning the iPhone Nano to landscape mode. That is the only time a keyboard comes up. When pressing the SMS button, the iPhone Nano automatically goes into landscape mode, similar to when watching a video on the current iPhone.
  • Reply 63 of 125
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mwclare View Post

This is what I've heard. Can't reveal sources. A new iPhone will debut on October 30th. It will be dubbed the iPhone Nano. It will come in two varieties, a 2GB for $249 and a 4GB for $299. Both of the phones will simply be cell phones and iPods meaning you will not be able to access the internet using EDGE or Wi Fi. So, no Google Maps, no YouTube, not even the weather. You will be able to do SMS messaging. There will also be a 2 Megapixel camera similar to the current iPhone camera. The iPhone Nano will also be exclusive to ATT and it will incorporate visual voicemail.

The size of the phone will be thinner and shorter than the current iPhone sporting a 2 1/2 inch widescreen display versus a 3 1/2 inch widescreen display. It will have a touch sensitive display just as the current iPhone has. The whole click-wheel phone patent is a defensive patent meant to throw off speculation. I've tried my best to create a mockup of the iPhone Nano based on what I've seen that is at the link below. Sorry, but that's all I can say.

So basically, you read my post from two weeks ago and copied it. Not very original my man, and I've no sources.
  • Reply 64 of 125
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking View Post

Ummm, I guess that's cool, but since when did apple become nokia? I want to see some goddamn MACS.

You much have been in bed on both January 9th and June 29th.
  • Reply 64 of 125
    Sorry, I haven't read your posts. Simply a coincidence.
  • Reply 66 of 125
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

So basically, you read my post from two weeks ago and copied it. Not very original my man, and I've no sources.

My bad, I did copy your defensive patent wording. Didn't realize it was you.
  • Reply 67 of 125
    Quote:

Sorry, I haven't read your posts. Simply a coincidence.

Here's my flickr post.
  • Reply 68 of 125
    Quote:

Here's my flickr post.

Sorry, I definitely did not read your posts, but you were much closer than what you thought. I just got my info today.
  • Reply 69 of 125
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mwclare

Sorry, I definitely did not read your posts, but you were much closer than what you thought. I just got my info today.

I never "thought" I wasn't close, I even went as far as to say it makes sense, and they'll definitely be using the same multi-touch UI for the iPhone. For the record nobody believes you - when you say you have "sources". Next thing you'll be telling us you have special deals on notebooks. Try defend yourself, it doesn't matter, you still wont be believed round here.
  • Reply 70 of 125
    Quote:

I never "thought" I wasn't close, I even went as far as to say it makes sense, and they'll definitely be using the same multi-touch UI for the iPhone. For the record nobody believes you - when you say you have "sources".

I don't care if anyone believes me. I know what I saw today, and it is totally cool. And no I don't work for Apple or ATT, but rather a much larger "company". It was just too amazing not to post something about it somewhere, especially after I read this article.
  • Reply 71 of 125
    Quote:

I don't care if anyone believes me. I know what I saw today, and it is totally cool. And no I don't work for Apple or ATT, but rather a much larger "company". It was just too amazing not to post something about it somewhere, especially after I read this article.

For someone who doesn't care, you sure are trying to convince people. Wait, first you "heard" something, now you "saw" something. Your story changing already?
  • Reply 72 of 125
    Quote:

For someone who doesn't care, you sure are trying to convince people.

Not trying to convince anyone. I just saw it today and had to post about it. Take it for what you will. You just happened to be almost dead on in your earlier post. Geez, someone is cranky.
  • Reply 73 of 125
    Quote:

Not trying to convince anyone. I just saw it today and had to post about it. Take it for what you will. You just happened to be almost dead on in your earlier post.

If I am right, then I'm right - you're not getting any credit for guessing the same thing I did, albeit not as well, two weeks after me.
  • Reply 74 of 125
    Quote:

If I am right, then I'm right - you're not getting any credit for guessing the same thing I did, albeit not as well, two weeks after me.

I honestly could care less about credit. You should be happy I have seen something that you speculated about 2 weeks ago. You get the credit.
  • Reply 75 of 125
    Quote:

I honestly could care less about credit. You should be happy I have seen something that you speculated about 2 weeks ago. You get the credit.

We don't believe you, your plan didn't work. I don't care about credit either. And the phrase is; you couldn't care less, not "could care less".
  • Reply 76 of 125
    aisiaisi Posts: 134member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by commun5 View Post

You're a little late on this rumor. Reuters started circulating it on July 9. It's been pretty firmly quashed by now.

Try the archives: AppleInsider reported this on July 9 and the second note from JP Morgan's US branch followed the next day.

JP Morgan's Taiwan analyst Kevin Chang suggested that the iPod Nano would be abandoned (marketwatch: "We believe it's a strong sign that Apple could potentially convert every iPod nano into a nano phone"). AppleInsider is suggesting the opposite ("? but not so much so as to pinch sales of an upcoming revision to the iPod nano.").
  • Reply 77 of 125
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Quote:

does not include Calendar and Notes, it will have all the feature where you can take iPod sync feature.

since it is mock up it is OK. actuall there is a space to hold two icons, to make it mock up very close.

i like AppleInsider's Title text

THEY ARE NOT DONE YET ....
  • Reply 78 of 125
    Quote:

We don't believe you, your plan didn't work. I don't care about credit either. And the phrase is; you couldn't care less, not "could care less".

That's telling me!!! You seem to be complaining quite a bit for someone that doesn't care about getting credit. And actually, you're the only one who appears not to believe me. No one else has said anything
  • Reply 79 of 125
    Quote:

That's telling me!!! You seem to be complaining quite a bit for someone that doesn't care about getting credit. And actually, you're the only one who appears not to believe me. No one else has said anything

Just stop lying. That is all.
  • Reply 80 of 125
    kukitokukito Posts: 113member
    Quote:

mwclare, give it up. You expect anyone to believe you after you admit lifting words from Ireland's previous post?