The greatest music you've ever seen online

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I have Google's Video Player and have linked to my favorite full length concerts that have been posted online. The player versions are of a little better quality (depending on the submitter) in resolution and sound. I play them in the mornings getting ready for work or just to watch. Most if not all of the full length concerts are on Google video, YouTube has restrictions and submitters tend to segment them, not good. But lately I have seen some full length shows. So check Google first.

I want to see the best full length concert video you have found online. Not song, concert. If you do a search you can find them using the name of the artist and "complete" or "full" as keywords. May take a while but it's worth it. Now I may never be able to find everything or something new, so if you have one let us know here.

Some of mine:

ELP - Live Brussels, 1971 This is an amazing show featuring the wild antics (and incredible keyboard skills) of Keith Emerson. Not a badly shot concert either,

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Live Concert 2006 by Maurizio Falardi I put this one up because it is more recent and just a half hour's worth. It really shows their maturity and expertise as one of the longest lasting bands around. You can find a full 2006 show here and the infamous 1999 Woodstock show here.

Neil Young- BBC concert 1971 This is a great chance to see and hear Neil Young in his prime with acoustic guitar, harmonica and piano only. Great performance.

The Miles Davis Quintet, live, Berlin, 1967 What can I say? A master of the horn. With Herbie Hancock, Ron Carter, Wayne Shorter, Tony Williams.

Genesis live in Shepperton 1973
Classic documentary of the original Genesis line-up in concert. Gabriel is amazingly mad on stage and Phil Collins still has hair.

Jimi Henrix- Live at Woodstock '69 This is the entire Woodstock concert from Jimi Hendrix.

AC/DC Full Concert From 1977 28 minutes 38 seconds of the best AC/DC with Bon Scott. Flawless chaos.

Monsters of Rock, Moscow 1991 Not only does this have an early blistering opening set by Pantera, it also documents the near chaos of the spectators (and 10,000 Russian soldiers) during the first Heavy Metal concert in Russia. It also features the Black Crows, Metallica and AC/DC.

Rage Against The Machine Full Concert Live By Maurizio Falardi I wasn't a big fan of RATM but this performance changed my opinion. Directed by the same director for the Chili Pepper's show.

For the hard core fan, here's a recording of Rage Against the Machine 1993 at J.C. Dobbs in Philly. I used to go to J.C. Dobbs back in the day. They recorded almost every band that got onstage; Nirvana, Tool and RATM. They did this for the patrons to view the show on the second floor.

Bob Marley Live At Dortmund 1980 A documentary and concert on Bob Marley and the Wailers. A year before his passing, but a great performance.

Well, that's a start. If you have some great finds, post them! Take your time this isn't a contest or a race, just a thread to share great music.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ptrashptrash Posts: 296member
    I was going to post a similar thread on favorite free music audio downloads a while back, but had such a hard time finding them I gave up. Too bad, I think there's a symbiotic relationship between the 2 lists.

Here's a couple I've found:

Monument to the Masses provides a few cuts on their website: http://www.monument-masses.com/sound/index.html

Bravo Silva (NYC) broke up last year, but a couple of their songs are on Garageband: http://www.garageband.com/artist/bravosilva

PS ELP--one of the first albums I bought in high school!
  • Reply 2 of 2
    @_@ artman@_@ artman Posts: 5,231member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ptrash View Post

I was going to post a similar thread on favorite free music audio downloads a while back, but had such a hard time finding them I gave up. Too bad, I think there's a symbiotic relationship between the 2 lists.

I have gigs of audio files too. I have found some great independent bands and rare hard to find tracks, live concert tracks and albums. Either through bittorrent, p2p or through searches on Google. I'm a big fan of Iggy Pop and the Stooges. One of the weirdest finds was from an Italian (Spanish?) fan who posted his collection of all the covers he found of their song "I Wanna Be Your Dog"! From Bowie to foreign language versions. I burned a CD and it's interesting, they all are of the same song, yet sound so unique.

Quote:

Here's a couple I've found:

Monument to the Masses provides a few cuts on their website: http://www.monument-masses.com/sound/index.html

Bravo Silva (NYC) broke up last year, but a couple of their songs are on Garageband: http://www.garageband.com/artist/bravosilva

Thanks for posting something new and fresh as far as music is concerned. Monument to the Masses is very good. Reminds me of a DJ on the college radio station I listen to who combines tech, post punk and other instrumental to the voices in the news every week.

Quote:

PS ELP--one of the first albums I bought in high school!

I grew up during their flight to fame, but missed their live shows (that's why this show is so special) Remember back when radio stations would play whatever they wanted or play songs longer than four minutes? And back in the day music was recorded on 7 and 12 inch vinyl discs?

Yes, it is hard to find full length video of performances. I think it's intentional because of copyrights, but I usually put a name of a band that has a large following and usually find something that appeals to me.

Here are a couple more:

Radiohead- Live in Paris, 2001
    Here's an example of a full length concert submitted on YouTube. Since Google obtained it, they have been more lax in what size one can upload.

The Doors Live - Hollywood Bowl 1968
    This I think is the best live performance filmed of the Doors.

Miles Davis Live 1970 Here's another live performance of Miles during his experimentation of jazz fusion. Trumpet Gary Bartz - Sax Chick Corea - Electric Piano Keith Jarret - Organ Dave Holland - Bass Jack DeJohnette - Drums Airto Moreira - Percussion

Hasn't been easy trying to find classical music concerts, if anyone has found any, post them here. Thanks!